Home

MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2017, 02:50 PM   #353
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

Put the sound files of the Wrigley organ back in from MLB 12 The Show. It was dead-on in the tone. For some reason it made me think of all the times I'd be at the game drinking Pepsi, and eating the peanuts from that guy standing on the sidewalk shouting, "heeere, jumbo pea-nuts!". Any Cub fans remember that guy?

If that's to much to ask, let us adjust the in-game volume for individual files for Sounds of the Show so that we can put the organ in ourselves.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #354
Rookie

RedKing19's Arena

I really want the player movement and such to be improved as I am someone who likes to edit my rosters frequently. I would like to be able to release a guy to free agency through player movement without requiring to bring a guy from the free agency pool back onto that team like a "trade".
Old 12-16-2017, 01:13 PM   #355
Rookie

Pirates0515's Arena

What do you guys think about this, they should put in the luxury tax payroll in at $197 like it will be for 2018 and then have it steadily increase every year. Since they should do this you can go over my lets just say $30 million. This would give you the flexibility to add star players and not feel pressured to trade any young talent or anyone would has some good chunk of money owed but is a good player for your team. I would love to hear your guys thoughts on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #356
MVP

forme95's Arena

Id like to add, Spring training games only being 9 innings. The ability (like RTTS) to learn a new position. If you play a player outside of his normal and secondary position, after so many games it will add it as a secondary position.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 12-18-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #357
Pro

OVR: 5

I have asked for 7 straight years, more classic stadiums even if you charge for them.

Tiger Stadium
Candlestick Park
etc, basically ant 1980's stadiums.

Also roster import from previous year.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #358
Rookie

Belkbuzze's Arena

Here’s some ideas:

1. Release the game earlier and add relevant preseason stuffs (within DD, franchise and RTTS). This way I’d be farther into the game by may, maybe that’d do it)

2. Find a way (no idea how) to shorten games even more while keeping presentation and relevant stats. Maybe in franchise I could select the 4-5 players I always want to control and let CPU care about at bat not involving them. Or, let me choose what aspect of the game I want to make compromise on.. Like reducing foul balls and balls taken. (Maybe that last part already exist, can’t remember all the sliders)

3. Add a simplified way to control baserunning. I always end up In auto since I make stupid mistakes 50% of the time when I control them.

4. Make DD solo more dynamic, like Madden. I seriously can’t keep up with all the challenges they add all season (being a father of 2 doesn’t help here)

5. About DD... Find a way to even up the game between those who got time to play and those who don’t. I can’t grind the game like crazy, I can play like at most 3-5 games a week. Still, I should be able to get cool rewards and special cards. How about, let’s say, having 4 tier for the same card. I.E: to get Randy Johnson or another legend, get 100k to get him at 94ov, 200k for 95ov, 300k for 97ov and 500k for 99ov. (Numbers are off, please stick to concept here)
Old 12-18-2017, 01:40 AM   #359
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Hoping they fix "ALL" the teams that have red uniforms! The red has been off for a few yrs now
And hopefully find a way to fix white stitching on Alt uni's another issue for years now!
Old 12-18-2017, 04:16 AM   #360
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

After playing more of the show recently I’m really hoping for the following improvements.

Keep adding new animations, it was a big improvement in 17.

Replays : it is kind of hit and miss right now. Some really good ones, and a lot of bad ones.
In some replays the cam isn’t even following the action.
And there are simply not enough replays, so the keep showing you what they have and it has gotten old.

Tone down that pitcher hit by a line-drive. It has been improved compared to 16, but it still happens way too often.

Highlight reel : same as replays, hit and miss. And can I please have some music when im watching the reel.

Fluidity : It has been improved on the ps4, but the replays are still choppy. Especially the mlb logo “swooshing” during replays is very choppy. Same goes for the highlight reel.

Show off the stadiums much more between innings. Now you get to see that some old view.
The stadiums look so gorgeous, so why not show them off more.
Blimp view, zoomed out, whatever. Just add more.

More player emotion. This was better in 16, I feel they have taken out some.

Better translation of the playoff atmosphere. It’s severely lacking now, and I never really have the feeling that I’m actually in the playoffs.

Presentation overlays : I like the MLB network ones, but the other ones look horrible.
The defensive lineup in grey…..yuk.

Home runs : give us more variation in what you see. Now it”s always the same.
The batter is running and sometimes clapping his hands, then the view goes to the manager, also clapping his hands, and that’s it.
After so many year of seeing this I’m really hoping for some new stuff.

More color in the stadiums. I would like to have fake add in the same color as the real ones.
Although I understand that for some that will not look realistic.
In that case, keep adding more color to the stadiums. They have improved a lot, but in some there still too much red and blue, whereas in the real stadium you have a variation of colors from the add-boards.

Gameplay : keep improving it, but I feel SDS are always doing this so I’m not too worried about that.

Other than this I think this game is amazing. I will continue to buy it as I play it all year long on and off, so I will always support this game.
My wishes have more to do with immersion. I see a lot of good idea’s in this thread, but it will be hard for SDS to please everyone.
I would like them to iron out any gameplay issues before adding a mouth guard on the helmets.
For me that should be the priority, but I completely understand that other ppl think differently.

Last but not least I really appreciate everything that SDS does, them coming to this forum and communicating with us, the news, the weekly vids they send out before release, the tournament they play.
I think that is amazing, and a lot of other companies can learn from that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »