Home

MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #49
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

Revamp the progression/regression system - and add in editable progression/regression curves. Would love for there to be a scouting accuracy attribute as well (0 would be entirely results driven progression/regression, 99 would follow the curve to a T).

Even better remove everything from the season except small results boosts and maybe a slight change over the all-star break. Make progression/regression more involved and something to add some spice into the off season, like an end of season player/coach meeting.

More sliders - Separate CPU manager hook into SP and RP. Add in position player stamina (effects player's energy drain per game just like the pitching stamina sliders effect energy per pitch).

Even more uniforms - and custom uniforms for teams please. I really want those white panel hats for the Jays. I know The Show has limited slots (for whatever reason, I don't judge) but there has to be some way to expand that number now that we aren't shackled to the PS3 anymore.

I also know that SDS has to adhere to the MLB style guide, but if there is any way that they can use some pull to get teams to properly update that thing (or burn it) that would be very much appreciated.

I think that's a pretty decent top three wishes.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarNerve74
For franchise: be able to relocate and build stadiums. I really want to do an Oakland rebuild, but I absolutely hate the Colluseum, would be nice to make my own fancy ballpark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
Perhaps the way to get it done would be, like Madden, simply to have a few preset stadiums that were already custom-designed (classic/retro, futuristic, etc.) while still allowing you to name it and personalize it to a limited extent.

And you're right about Oakland -- would LOVE to do a Franchise with them, but can't see myself playing in that hole for 80+ games each year...
I did an A's season a few years ago, but I only played 22 home games @ O.Co,
then I played another 20 @ Dodger Stadium, 20 @ Petco and 20 @ AT&T.

A Work in Progress
Old 05-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #51
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

I would love for them to release a patch with some updated player likenesses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #52
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

For RTTS, if you max out power and contact with your flex points I'd like to see better than a 45 at start. That seems low to me.. Thanks.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 05-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #53
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
For RTTS, if you max out power and contact with your flex points I'd like to see better than a 45 at start. That seems low to me.. Thanks.
You need to start out with high tools, for example, a guy like Aaron Judge or Giancarlo Stanton has always had raw power. If you max your power with flex points, you should start at around 65. Your skills, so vision, discipline, clutch, should be low, like start at 15-25 or so. You should be able to hit bombs, have a rocket arm, or have a great glove right away. Only tool that you can have at a high level right now is speed.

I'd also like to see the ability to play like a 6-8 game HS or college season in addition to scout day and the showcase. 2 games to determine your potential sucks. I always put it on beginner cause you'll go 1-4 and boom, you've got D potential (which never increases).

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #54
MVP

young22's Arena

RTTS roster management is awful. I can't speak on 17 personally as I don't have it, but I'm currently running a RTTS on 16, it's been like this for years, and I haven't heard of it improving, both here and from people I know.

So my guy on 16 gets drafted by KC, who keep him in the minors for a year. Which I liked, usually I don't get a full year in the minors. But then they brought him up next year and had him pinch hit and pinch run for half the year. Killed his potential and ratings went down some. When is a top prospect ever handled like that? Then he started, hit like .270, 20 hr/sb in about 75 starts. The Royals then trade him to Minnesota. (Also, why can we not see transaction logs?) Makes no sense.

So he goes to Minnesota, starts killing it, was batting .298 with 23 bombs at the all star break, then gets traded to Texas. He's a 22 year old batting almost .300, 3rd in the AL in homers, and you trade him when you still have 4 and a half years of control?

So he goes to Texas, cools off, finishes with 37 hr, ops around .900, batted .275. The Rangers traded for him, but next season I check the roster and they drafted 2 other RF. Both with B potential, 1 who's about a year away from being ready. They have my dude, Kevin Pillar, Nomar Mazara, Delino Deshields, and these 2 guys? Then they trade Joey Gallo for Victor Robles. So we're gonna have a logjam in the OF.

So we got Lucroy right, and dude is killing it. He batted .345 then next season batted .361 in the first 65 games before tearing his MCL. I know he's not exactly young, but he doesn't have such a bad injury history that this is a sign of decline. They run out and sign Wilson Ramos to a big deal. Lucroy can't even go play 1B cause they somehow traded for Hosmer.

Through all of these trades, they fail to notice our pitching is some ****, and not only trade Darvish (I have no clue what for, wasn't Hosmer tho), but in the offseason, after we had back to back 95 win seasons with the leagues 3rd worst staff by the numbers, they go sign Solarte, Ramos, and a shortstop who's name escapes me. They did sign Mat Latos, who's coming off back to back 5 era years, to a 3 year 27 million dollar deal. They also signed Gio Gonzalez. Let Sam Dyson and Roughned Odor walk.

This was a long winded post, but I had to illustrate my point. This stuff happens in every RTTS too.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:57 PM   #55
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
You need to start out with high tools, for example, a guy like Aaron Judge or Giancarlo Stanton has always had raw power. If you max your power with flex points, you should start at around 65. Your skills, so vision, discipline, clutch, should be low, like start at 15-25 or so. You should be able to hit bombs, have a rocket arm, or have a great glove right away. Only tool that you can have at a high level right now is speed.

I'd also like to see the ability to play like a 6-8 game HS or college season in addition to scout day and the showcase. 2 games to determine your potential sucks. I always put it on beginner cause you'll go 1-4 and boom, you've got D potential (which never increases).

Agree. Another thing I'd like added is how old I want to be. Not many 18 year old kids on AA. 20 would be fine. You have to keep going back to school to get older.. And you still have the same 45 power.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 12:24 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22

Everything you're saying about RTTS is true for prospects in Franchise as well. Too many prospects with wonky, unrealistic attribute distributions. Separating attributes into physical tools and baseball skills would be a HUGE, welcome addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »