Home

Anyone play Default All Star after Patch?

This is a discussion on Anyone play Default All Star after Patch? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Anyone play Default All Star after Patch?

I was wondering what a game would feel like just leaving sliders alone altogether. Not that I haven't had good games with some of the sets, especially Armors. But, I can't shake the feeling that the developers know what the right balance is.

If anyone of u guys have tried default all Star after Patch 105, would u please give an impression, good or bad.

I've been doing to try this myself but I can't get on my TV. Lol

Between Stardew Valley on my PS4 and Zelda BOTW on the WiiU, my family isn't letting me get time in. I had just turned the PS4 on this morning and had my coffee by my side when my 8 year old daughter woke up early and wanted to play Stardew. I couldn't tell her no.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone play Default All Star after Patch?

I haven't played enough to speak about the stamina ratings, but I think pitching is too easy on default all star.

Also the base runners are too fast on default and the fielders are WAY too fast.

Two things:

1. If the developers could get it perfect, they wouldn't include sliders into the game

2. Video games are for adults. Kids should be out doing the real thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have been playing Hall Of Fame, default post patch 1.05... It is playing a great game overall! Been having lots of fun and been challenging at the same time. It's different having to pitch those corners and get the Cpu to chase. I use meter pitching and if I make a mistake on acc, I'm sometimes paying for it. Last game I played as the Padres vs Dodgers in play now daily rosters. I won 5-3. We each had 8 hits and overall it's playing great. I recommend giving it a shot. Good challenge for me anyway.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 20

I've been playing all star default and getting great and realistic results. I am not first or last in any team statistic which shows the game is not out of wack. I turned off hot/cold zones and he strike zone and am getting realisic amount of walks allowed as well.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Went ahead and started my franchise on default AS hitting and HoF pitching.

Need to make a few adjustments though. There's just a bit too much HR power IMO. I plan on having my adjustments mirrored for HUM and CPU.

I'm going to tweak every 5 or so games until I get where I want. It's not far off as of now. It's just a little too O oriented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 05:00 AM   #6
Rookie

chc2100's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been enjoying it a lot and have had some games that just feel great and more authentic than anything the show has delivered before. I don't have the biggest sample size (about one and a half trips in the rotation in my '16 carryover) but my only issue is that all the games have felt very similar. I'll have 7-9 hits with a timely homer. My opponent will have 2-4 hits less than me and the game's decided by how many of those they muscle over the fence. I won 7 of 8 games but some were competitive and easily could have gone the other way so I'm hesitant to pay too much attention to record so quickly.

On a micro game to game level it plays great. On a more macro level I wish there was a little more variation and maybe more opponent offense. I agree with the principle of your question though as I like to leave the game playing as close to it's original balance as possible especially when the original is this good. I'll probably keep doing so unless the record doesn't stabilize any in which case some very subtle tweaks may be in order. It's a tradeoff for me and I'd rather just take the small discrepancies because once I start tweaking just a little its a slippery slope towards slideritis

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »