Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.06 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.06 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #73
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.06 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Hmmm.

NEVER had this happen. On AUTO base running, runner on first, batter hits a sure double down the line. Runner on first goes to second, rounds the bag a couple feet, goes back, runner rounds first stops half way between second. Both runners frozen. I then hit the shoulder button to advance the, but it's too late.

No, I didn't hit a shoulder button before this happens. I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch. I took a video, but have no idea how to upload it.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #74
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I'm really asking - this bothers people? The HR Celebration get's skipped immediately once you hit the X button [I never watch the opposing team's celebration - I'm too pissed off] and the slow motion tag only happens on close tags. I see that maybe once every 5 games. I forget that's even in the game half the time. I don't see how either takes away from the game...at all. And to call it a gimmick? I don't see it.

Your opinion, give me the option so I can do what I want with MY game . I see it as a gimmick and hate it personally
Old 05-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #75
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Ok and we all get that BUT its there... this patch had nothing to do with chalk degradation or ever claimed it did.... thats my point.....what i dont like is there has to be a pissing match over it.... its there, toned down but there..... when things are upgraded or added or tweaked things may change....have any of you complainers played RBI baseball 17? Tell me what your thoughts are after that.... does anyone know how many features have been REMOVED from Madden almost every year? every thread about this game does not have to be a bashing negative thread.... i personally have probably logged more hours combined than most of you so yes i feel i have a right to speak up. Im not being a "fanboy" or whatever u wanna call it... i get nothing from SCEA and have no ties to them but cmon guys its getting old here.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Come on Ridin, those are unfair comparisons to make. Obviously The Show is a deeper experience than RBI baseball and not everyone plays Madden to make that comparison.

We are comparing '17 to previous installments and in certain areas, '17 isn't providing the same experience that some Show vets are accustomed to. It's not being a "complainer", its pointing out areas of the game that fail to meet one's expectations/standards. No wrong in that.

I openly admit that I've gone back to playing '16 because '17 wasn't providing me with the same joyful experience that I've had in the past. There are certain things, not going to disclose here because I've stated them previously, that I would like to see fixed in '17 and each time a patch is released I check it out to see if those things have been fixed or adjusted. And I will continue to check each time they release a patch.

Look I love the Show. And I'm a huge fan of the SDS development team. I don't believe there is a better, more devoted, more passionate development team out there. And I believe that '17 is a good/great game. But, just like every game before it and every game after it, '17 isn't without its faults. And for some, those faults prevent them from enjoying '17 as much as they have past installments.

I do agree though, that there is too much negativity on the forums these days, no matter which game you play.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #76
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Hmmm.

NEVER had this happen. On AUTO base running, runner on first, batter hits a sure double down the line. Runner on first goes to second, rounds the bag a couple feet, goes back, runner rounds first stops half way between second. Both runners frozen. I then hit the shoulder button to advance the, but it's too late.

No, I didn't hit a shoulder button before this happens. I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch. I took a video, but have no idea how to upload it.
Back when I was having these issues I kept telling myself there is no way I'm hitting the shoulder buttons. I apparently was without noticing while batting. Change the way you hold your controller.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Hmmm.

Select the video in your capture gallery and press share. Choose one of the services to upload to (personally I find Youtube easiest) and just follow the on-screen instructions from there. If you don't already have an account for the service you'll be prompted to create one.

Might check out this thread (especially knich's video links) and see if that's similar. It's not that auto baserunning isn't working - it's that it's getting disabled somehow.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-issues.html

That thread was pre-patch btw (and the issue dates back to at least last year), so it's nothing that this patch introduced.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #78
Rookie

I haven't had a chance to download the patch yet. Can anyone tell me if the "laser bunts" have been tuned at all. I laid a bunt down the other day with a pitcher and I swear it was a rocket shot to the SS. That is really the only issue that I've seen reported that I've personally been affected by.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
Your opinion, give me the option so I can do what I want with MY game . I see it as a gimmick and hate it personally
To be clear - I am not insulting your opinion. It just seems like a trend [on these boards] is to call any feature not liked in the game a "gimmick". I think the term is not used properly. But that's just me - that's my problem.

But as far as playing the game how YOU want to play it - can't you just turn all the cutscenes off [quick play/mode..whatever the presentation option is called]? Won't that solve your problem?
Old 05-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #80
MVP

Just had a home run inside the foul pole at rogers centre called a Gould ball again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »