Home

Free Agency in Franchise still broken...

This is a discussion on Free Agency in Franchise still broken... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Free Agency in Franchise still broken...

I'm having the same problems. Mine is a carryover save in the year 2020. I'm in mid June and currently still sitting in FA.

The Indians, before I said screw it and traded for Lindor, had both Trea Turner (84ovr) and Lindor (87ovr) at AAA because they signed a 77ovr SS in the offseason. It's June and Turner is still languishing in AAA.

I don't really have the time for 30 team control, but this kind of stuff is really making me wish I did it when I set this franchise up two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39

Last edited by Greencollarbaseball; 05-14-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #18
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Re: Free Agency in Franchise still broken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
Yep. Going through my first off-season in my Marlins franchise really cooled off a lot of the steam I had going with it. A-B prospects in FA, 70+ Overall young controllable players that didn't get offered ARB sitting in FA, Rule 5 Draft had all of 5 players eligible in it, good players not getting offered what they should be, good players not getting offered at all. It's just a huge punch in the gut for all of us SIM players that don't have the willingness or time to take on 30-team control and babysit all 30 teams. What did we really expect though? Everything else in Franchise was virtually untouched so we were foolish to expect something like this to be cleaned up. Diamond Dynasty is the future folks... If you can get a full game in before the online servers crash. Sorry if I'm hard on SCEA but as a paying customer I feel I have the right to voice my opinion.
Few questions/points:
-What rosters are you using? If it's an OSFM roster, then it essentially makes every created player/prospect that doesn't have any service time look like they were drafted that year, regardless of time with the org. Because of this, you're not going to get very many guys in the rule 5 draft.
-The thing about potential in this game, is that you're not guaranteed to hit it. I created a couple of different save points in the game (one at the end of the minor league regular season, one just before FA) to check the regular season stats of the young, controllable, high potential guys that were being non-tendered, and the vast majority had terrible seasons statistically. Have you checked how your non-tendered players performed?
-Maybe not the right way to look at it, but when I see some of the young guys in FA, I treat them as International FA's. Team's do end up offering them contracts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely disappointed that there weren't any serious upgrades to franchise mode this year, and I get that some of it is frustrating, but it is what it is, and none of this should have come as a huge surprise given the reviews, twitch streams and negative comments that were readily available on this site.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #19
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Another idea put into the game to placate the sim community.
The 3 sports games I play are Madden, NBA 2K, and The Show.

NONE of them have EVER gotten the CPU roster management AI correct. Do I want them to fix it? Of course. I just don't think they are truly capable or willing to allocate the resources.

So I'll take 30 team control over the CPU just ruining their own teams.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #20
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Few questions/points:
-What rosters are you using? If it's an OSFM roster, then it essentially makes every created player/prospect that doesn't have any service time look like they were drafted that year, regardless of time with the org. Because of this, you're not going to get very many guys in the rule 5 draft.
-The thing about potential in this game, is that you're not guaranteed to hit it. I created a couple of different save points in the game (one at the end of the minor league regular season, one just before FA) to check the regular season stats of the young, controllable, high potential guys that were being non-tendered, and the vast majority had terrible seasons statistically. Have you checked how your non-tendered players performed?
-Maybe not the right way to look at it, but when I see some of the young guys in FA, I treat them as International FA's. Team's do end up offering them contracts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely disappointed that there weren't any serious upgrades to franchise mode this year, and I get that some of it is frustrating, but it is what it is, and none of this should have come as a huge surprise given the reviews, twitch streams and negative comments that were readily available on this site.
I'm using the OSFM V1.5 40-man I believe. I saw how a lot of the non-tendered players preformed and most of them were between fine-good. A couple of them were really bad. For example, Roman Q uinn was not offered ARB and he had hit .188 last season so that's understandable. Most guys were not like this though.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #21
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
I'm using the OSFM V1.5 40-man I believe. I saw how a lot of the non-tendered players preformed and most of them were between fine-good. A couple of them were really bad. For example, Roman Q uinn was not offered ARB and he had hit .188 last season so that's understandable. Most guys were not like this though.
Some won't be offered arbitration based on their age and potential. For some reason sony has didi as a C potential and with Torress I'm minors he is not offered arbitration. Change it to a b potential and he is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #22
Banned

All you need to do is use 30-team control and do the work that needs to be done bit-by-bit.
Some people should just be thankful that we have the best sports game to enjoy.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I believe that is why you are seeing the issues. Real contracts inflates the initial payroll. As seasons progress the system starts to balance itself back to default.

I do not see those issues with default contracts. You may find the occasional 35-40 year old free agent but they tend to be past their prime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
There was plenty of money to sign him, I resigned him to the Jays for 1 year 8 mil. Like I said the roster makers tested the contracts because they were going to use SCEA contracts if they needed to. The tests with real contracts came out fine.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:14 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashbuggie
All you need to do is use 30-team control and do the work that needs to be done bit-by-bit.
Some people should just be thankful that we have the best sports game to enjoy.
I have maybe 4 hours per weekend to play the game. I dont have time to do the "bit by bit" if I actually want to get games in. Regardless, even if had 12 hours per weekend to play the game I shouldnt have to spend it doing this stuff.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »