Home

Rookie call up penalties?

This is a discussion on Rookie call up penalties? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rookie call up penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The only way I know of to get around that is not have them on your active 40 man roster.
That's what I thought, and I know that the whole purpose of the 40 man is so that prospects can't be stockpiled and held in the minors when other teams would play them, so I know I'm trying to circumvent that to an extent.

Hypothetically, now that he's officially on the SDS roster and has no MLB stats (in the game), if I removed Bellinger from the 40 man could another team snatch him up, or what's the rule there...?
Old 05-18-2017, 03:00 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
That's what I thought, and I know that the whole purpose of the 40 man is so that prospects can't be stockpiled and held in the minors when other teams would play them, so I know I'm trying to circumvent that to an extent.

Hypothetically, now that he's officially on the SDS roster and has no MLB stats (in the game), if I removed Bellinger from the 40 man could another team snatch him up, or what's the rule there...?
If you remove Bellinger from the 40 man roster then yes he goes on waivers where any team can pick him up.

I think the waiver period in the Show is 3 days.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpav
Really? Dang I already started my franchise with him on my opening day roster and already raking. I hit his first career home run in the second game of my season last night. Oh well not like I will play to a point where it matters to me long term anyway.
Since it sounds like you're not going to get deep enough in to the franchise for it to matter I wouldn't worry about it, but one possible work around is to send him to AAA for 20 days, that should prevent him from accruing enough service time to hit free agency after six years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #12
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

2 weeks isn't a magic number of days, just fyi. Arbitration and Super 2 status is based off of a percentage of play as compared to others w the same experience. Most players do not enter arbitration after their second year of team control, but those who do have simply had more usage than others, thus they want (player's union) to be rewarded. Those guys are granted Super 2 status.

I'd start small w this game: Give us accurate option years or at least a way to at least edit them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »