Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #113
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

The wild pitches wouldn't be bad if it was coded more to ball in dirt around plate/boxes = no runner advance. I don't have a issue with true wild pitches. I barely see them. Its balls in the dirt right in front of the plate or the batters box where a guy with 21 speed can safely make it to the next base that is my issue.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 05-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #114
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
The wild pitches wouldn't be bad if it was coded more to ball in dirt around plate/boxes = no runner advance. I don't have a issue with true wild pitches. I barely see them. Its balls in the dirt right in front of the plate or the batters box where a guy with 21 speed can safely make it to the next base that is my issue.

I think I would be fine if the catcher would fire the ball with heat and urgency.

By unfortunately we get a mitt tap and a lazy half power throw.

It is something that I think will bw improved on 18.

I can live with this. Because the game is excellent and we no longer have the crazy cheetah line reflexes from catchers. The pop time was stupid on previous iterations and killed immersion for me after several hundred games played lol.

This game is not perfect. I am still seeing OSD bugs......still.

I don't know if it is bugged commentary or the OSD but I got them talking about one division while they display another.

Really annoying. I just tune out Matty V when I hear and see the wrong standings....but still.

Other than that hell of a game this year just a blast to play.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #115
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I think I would be fine if the catcher would fire the ball with heat and urgency.

Really annoying. I just tune out Matty V when I hear and see the wrong standings....but still.

Other than that hell of a game this year just a blast to play.
I agree, this game is really fun to play this year. I have always been a Manage mode guy because I just can't put the input into it like I use to. Your (Armor) sliders and watching you and Chef play really made me want to actually play instead of just MoM this year.

Yes, the catlike jump ups really took away from the game last year. I'm ok with the jump this year. I haven't had very many issues like others have. Like I said, balls in front of the plate and they advance, just don't happen. I have (personally) had real amount of TRUE (ie: pitches to the back stop) wild pitches. With out the in front of the plate advances, I wouldn't even be talking about this.

Funny you mention the commentary. I've been really thinking of making it more on the field sound and bring out more sots to make a more immersion and either drowning out commentary all together, or making it quiet enough I can hear it barely.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
Has anyone noticed something wrong with your opponent's PCI on the hitter feedback screen online? I'm giving up some hard hit balls that are no where near my opponents PCI. They're either getting luck AF or I'm not getting the proper feedback.
You cannot tell where your opponent was placing the PCI in online play. If you get hit on the corners, they were most likely not aiming the PCI in the middle.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:37 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I can only offer one suggestion to the guys who are throwing 3-4 WP's a game (and who may be trying to play without the pitch preview displays) - don't trust the controller vibration for aiming on anything other than a 4-seam fastball. It's supposed to vibrate when you aim near the edges of the zone, and for the fastball since the flight path is dead straight this is pretty accurate. But when you try to throw a curveball the flight path of the ball is different, and even though you aim down the middle at first the ball ends up way below it. So that throws off the vibration effect - if you aim low it won't really start vibrating until you're aiming down at the catcher's toes. Pretty obvious what will happen if you throw the pitch down there, right? By contrast, if you aim a curveball up (not that you'd want to do so intentionally) you'll get the full vibration right below the bottom of the catcher's mask, which is still fully in the strike zone - not on a corner. So the entire pitch aiming system gets shifted down when you throw a curveball.

Once I realized this my WP's started going way down - I still throw too many but they're at least on par with the CPU's now.

It definitely needs tweaking (particularly the slow catcher recovery and throw). But people shouldn't be throwing 3-4 WP's a game. There has be at least some user accountability for this, I think.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I can only offer one suggestion to the guys who are throwing 3-4 WP's a game (and who may be trying to play without the pitch preview displays) - don't trust the controller vibration for aiming on anything other than a 4-seam fastball. It's supposed to vibrate when you aim near the edges of the zone, and for the fastball since the flight path is dead straight this is pretty accurate. But when you try to throw a curveball the flight path of the ball is different, and even though you aim down the middle at first the ball ends up way below it. So that throws off the vibration effect - if you aim low it won't really start vibrating until you're aiming down at the catcher's toes. Pretty obvious what will happen if you throw the pitch down there, right? By contrast, if you aim a curveball up (not that you'd want to do so intentionally) you'll get the full vibration right below the bottom of the catcher's mask, which is still fully in the strike zone - not on a corner. So the entire pitch aiming system gets shifted down when you throw a curveball.

Once I realized this my WP's started going way down - I still throw too many but they're at least on par with the CPU's now.

It definitely needs tweaking (particularly the slow catcher recovery and throw). But people shouldn't be throwing 3-4 WP's a game. There has be at least some user accountability for this, I think.
Good points for sure. But I have seen the CPU throw 3-4 WPs per game on a regular basis as well

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »