Home

My spin on Presentation/Commentary

This is a discussion on My spin on Presentation/Commentary within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2017, 11:30 PM   #9
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My spin on Presentation/Commentary

Haven't had commentary turned on since my first week of play at release. I miss Vasgersian but there's no way I'm listening to the 'analysts' repeat themselves ad nauseam.

Please bring back the option to mute individual voices and thus create a solo Vasgersian booth!
Old 07-20-2017, 12:11 AM   #10
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
Haven't had commentary turned on since my first week of play at release. I miss Vasgersian but there's no way I'm listening to the 'analysts' repeat themselves ad nauseam.

Please bring back the option to mute individual voices and thus create a solo Vasgersian booth!
I really miss that too.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:39 AM   #11
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle

To his credit, I think Harold has been great this year as an analyst. Very dynamic.

Not so much a fan of Plesac, but he's ok

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 05:55 AM   #12
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Harold is fine. He and Dan just don't have enough lines so they're very redundant.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:12 AM   #13
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

My thing is just get the commentary right. Dan Plesac talks about thats why I wasn't a good hitter. On balls like that I am getting out of the way. Why have that in the game. Dan Plesac was a closer in Milwaukee, HE NEVER HIT. Or when they show the splits for righty vs lefty and a righty is on the mound, guy is hitting 200 against righties and 300 against lefties. Commentary says this is a good matchup with him facing a righty today. The pitcher on the mound is left handed. On mound visits when they say the coach would hate to pull him out of the game this early and its in the 8th inning.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Harold is fine. He and Dan just don't have enough lines so they're very redundant.
You see redundancy is not going to be alleviated no matter how many lines the commenters has, it is a recording.

The commentary just needs to be in context and use the correct OSD when talking about stats, and drill deeper into stats the sabermetric side. Right now the commentary is surface level stats. There is no talk of WAR when a player come back from a day off or injury, RISP when the pitchers versus a right or left hander, the same for the batter.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #15
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
My thing is just get the commentary right. Dan Plesac talks about thats why I wasn't a good hitter. On balls like that I am getting out of the way. Why have that in the game. Dan Plesac was a closer in Milwaukee, HE NEVER HIT. Or when they show the splits for righty vs lefty and a righty is on the mound, guy is hitting 200 against righties and 300 against lefties. Commentary says this is a good matchup with him facing a righty today. The pitcher on the mound is left handed. On mound visits when they say the coach would hate to pull him out of the game this early and its in the 8th inning.
This.

I see this bug all the time, not sure why it hasn't been fixed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #16
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
Or when they show the splits for righty vs lefty and a righty is on the mound, guy is hitting 200 against righties and 300 against lefties. Commentary says this is a good matchup with him facing a righty today. The pitcher on the mound is left handed.
I put a bug report in for that a number of patches ago along with a few other commentary bugs, would often get Matty V say hitters were better here at home in arlington when playing away, i haven't heard that line for awhile now so seems like they just cut it out rather than fix it and have the line played when at gl park.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »