Home

Control issues with Classic Pitching

This is a discussion on Control issues with Classic Pitching within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2017, 05:03 PM   #17
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Control issues with Classic Pitching

I was finding the same issues with A&S slider settings as well, to the point where I was pretty much aiming down the middle and saying to myself well let's see where it goes this time approach. I switched to Mike Lowe's setup and it changed it completely for me. If you want to make things even more interesting max out every pitch once you get to the relievers. most RP'S do that in real life anyways as most are only 1 inning guys. It really puts you on the edge of you seat
Old 06-02-2017, 06:26 PM   #18
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC
I've played a handful more games and experimented with pressing and holding vs. pressing and releasing with Classic pitching.

I'm not sure if it's just my imagination or not but pressing and holding definitely seems to make the ball break harder, be thrown faster (if FB), and end up further away from your aim point. The pitcher also seems to tire faster.

So far I agree, Classic pitching seems to be the most realistic (close to sim) version of pitching in the game.
Something that also might be helpful is to watch your pitchers motion and figure out a cue to time your perfect release point. Each pitcher is different but you only have 12 or so on a team to learn. For me I normally watch their feet and time my release from there. I find it easier to have them pitching consistently that way. The pitching practice mode helps with this.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:41 PM   #19
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
Something that also might be helpful is to watch your pitchers motion and figure out a cue to time your perfect release point. Each pitcher is different but you only have 12 or so on a team to learn. For me I normally watch their feet and time my release from there. I find it easier to have them pitching consistently that way. The pitching practice mode helps with this.
To add to this, if you use the effort controller vibration (I typically try to time it), note that some players do not have an vibe indication when pitching out of the stretch. So learning the motions really helps in these cases.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »