Home

Back to last years ball physics

This is a discussion on Back to last years ball physics within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Back to last years ball physics

Played a few games and watch replays for quite a many hits. Just like last year once the ball hits the ground the spin changes to end over end in a straight line. Hits just roll straight up the line instead of continuing to curve into foul ground like they did pre patch. Waited till May for rosters to come out and got to play for two weeks before everything was ruined. Last time buying this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Re: Confirmed: Back to last years ball physics

Misleading title, was expecting something to be confirmed.

Sorry you feel that way about the game. Maybe try the new quick manage and possibly salvage the year ? Just an idea to help you get your money's worth.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Confirmed how, exactly?

Also, this hit could have never happened last year (the kick off the wall part, because the lack of spin would never let it):

How's that refund attempt going?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Confirmed how, exactly?

Also, this hit could have never happened last year (the kick off the wall part, because the lack of spin would never let it):

How's that refund attempt going?
That hit could have happened last year. The ball doesnt change spin until the first hit on the ground. After that its straight line city.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:26 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I thought you were getting a refund since you couldn't uninstall patch 1.07 and go back to 1.06?

I'm curious with all the issues you are having and posting about, why continue to play the game? You're clearly not enjoying it based on your posts and backhanded insults of the devs. Why keep playing and being aggravated?

I'm seriously asking? At what point do you admit the game isn't for you and go back to '16 or '15 or whatever the last version was you enjoyed or if none play a different game???

I couldn't find the same enjoyment in '17 as I did '16 so I shelved '17 and went back to '16 and am having a blast.

I'll never understand why people continue to beat their head against the wall trying to find enjoyment in something they know is only going to aggravate them???

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I thought you were getting a refund since you couldn't uninstall patch 1.07 and go back to 1.06?

I'm curious with all the issues you are having and posting about, why continue to play the game? You're clearly not enjoying it based on your posts and backhanded insults of the devs. Why keep playing and being aggravated?

I'm seriously asking? At what point do you admit the game isn't for you and go back to '16 or '15 or whatever the last version was you enjoyed or if none play a different game???

I couldn't find the same enjoyment in '17 as I did '16 so I shelved '17 and went back to '16 and am having a blast.

I'll never understand why people continue to beat their head against the wall trying to find enjoyment in something they know is only going to aggravate them???

I didnt enjoy 15 or 16, hated them. I was FINALLY getting some enjoyment out of the game until this patch and now it plays just like the games I have hated for the past two years. New ball physics was the only reason I even gave the game a chance this year.

As far as why I keep playing, tonight I fired it up to confirm my suspicions, now that I know for sure its shelved whether I end up getting a refund or not. Either way its the last time they have gotten my money. Even if they make the best game we have ever seen next year Ill still buy it second hand before I pay SDS anymore for what they have given us.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:37 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh123
I didnt enjoy 15 or 16, hated them. I was FINALLY getting some enjoyment out of the game until this patch and now it plays just like the games I have hated for the past two years. New ball physics was the only reason I even gave the game a chance this year.

As far as why I keep playing, tonight I fired it up to confirm my suspicions, now that I know for sure its shelved whether I end up getting a refund or not. Either way its the last time they have gotten my money. Even if they make the best game we have ever seen next year Ill still buy it second hand before I pay SDS anymore for what they have given us.

Well I hope you enjoy whatever game you decide to play. And good luck on getting that refund. Personally instead of trying to obtain a refund due to the slim chances of it happening, I'd put the game up for sale on EBay or Craigslist or someplace like that for $30 or $40, count my losses and move on.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #8
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

there is no need to have it confirmed. you can feel it and see it. i wouldn't say it's reverted back to last year's physics, but something has changed so just because Russel says the opposite does not make it so.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »