Home

Player Development has to be inproved

This is a discussion on Player Development has to be inproved within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2017, 04:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Development has to be inproved

I took two years off of Mlb the Show and know I am in June with my Oakland A´s and I found that Player Morale is a good improvement. But older Players getting bad to quickly. Some older Players lose 5-7 Points every month to every attribute and this is way to much. I remember a Manager Game of Soccer which i played over years and i thought about what was the aspect that makes this game so much fun and it was about player developement. That was the fact why i passed the two last years because it kill so much fun when older players are so bad after one year that they can´t make it in the starting line up.

An older Player shouldn´t loose so much in his ratings when they perform well. Also players who are playing better than there ratings should get more ratings boosts so they can have a break out season like in real life. I remember that players who played good over 5-10 games they get a rating boost to 1-4 Points in their attributes. It depends how good they played. This also happened to players who performe bad but with ratings losses. Than after a month there was an official screen of players rating ups/downs after a month and who made the biggest steps in good or bad direction.

I think this could be a very important feature to make Franchise fun over periods. it is so motivating to keep franchise interesting.

sorry for mistakes i am from Germany and english is not my mother language
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Player Development has to be inproved

I'm torn on this. I see plenty of vets in my franchise that regress some, but not enough to keep them from playing well and starting. There are a good amount of older players that are just terrible after year 1, but that's the reality of the sport. Guys disappear instantaneously in real life all of the time. I feel like the game represents this pretty well. If anything, I'd slightly reduce how bad older players or at least the rate of it, but not by much.

As for progression, putting up good numbers does make your player raise their potential and attributes. It isn't a guarantee they hit that potential, which I love. The thing that bores me with other sports games (I'm looking at you Madden) is that players pretty much progress in a static fashion and you know where a guy will be in a couple of years. With The Show that isn't the case. I've had plenty of A potential players never make it out of the minors because they never grew to that potential. I've had C potential guys play well, earn a B potential and become starters.

― Plato
Old 06-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Development has to be inproved

Hmm i have different Impressions... José bautista plays a phenomenal season (20 homeruns to mid June and over 300 BA But He losses about 7-8 Rating Points in almost every attribute in his ratings.

Another point ist that player Attribute should Be locked in the Franchise Mode and also Player Position IT would Be fun to learn a Player a Position. I dont think a Player is able to Play another Position and get better time by time But you can just change it in the Player edit screen

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »