Home

Old 06-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #17
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I thought it was confirmed by the devs a couple of years ago that injury rates increase when guys play when their stamina is low?

That is true, but guys can play effectively with 40-50% energy. I usually will wait 1 game after the batting/bench coach says so and so could use a rest. I then start him, and will give him a at bat or two and then sub him out and give him the next day off. I'm in the AL, so I utilize the DH a lot. I also to avoid to much playing time or bench guys not getting into games, have certain guys that rest every 5-7 days regardless of energy. I have a catcher that plays with 1 certain pitcher every start. I have a few different ways to make sure guys get playing time and time off, so I don't run into energy issues.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 06-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
It is dumb and I've always encountered this problem going back to 2008. That is why for me I always play with a team that has a bench player that can play all over the diamond. Really helps to combat this fatigue thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do the same. I like to make sure I have one super sub who can play almost anywhere and I use this player to ensure that several players get a day off per week. I'd love for more players to be able to play every day, but the system just isn't set up for that, or so it seems to me.

I also like to kind of schedule days off for guys who could technically play every day just to my bench players get some ABs. I'm not sure if a lack of ABs affects the bench guys from a morale perspective, but I tell myself that to keep these guys happy, they need more than an occasional pinch hit or defensive substitution.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:04 AM   #19
Pro

Don't tell me some this isn't wrong. Scoop from Baltimore played all 162 last year. After 8 games and TWO off days it's tellin me he might need rest. That's a dang joke
Old 06-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
Don't tell me some this isn't wrong. Scoop from Baltimore played all 162 last year. After 8 games and TWO off days it's tellin me he might need rest. That's a dang joke
Oh, I think it's messed up for sure. But I also sense that the development team doesn't see anything particularly wrong with their way of rendering stamina, fatigue, and durability. If they did, they'd have changed it, since the criticism of this aspect of the game isn't exactly new.

I'm just putting my strategy out there as a coping mechanism. I kind of have to re-narrate how my baseball universe works in franchise such that nobody is really an every day player anymore. Is that realistic? Not really. It's a compromise with the game developers that keeps me from being mad .
Old 06-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #21
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

While I do agree the current system for stamina is unrealistic, I do find managing it enjoyable. That's one of the reasons why I'd be ok if they just added a slider that adjusted the speed at which the stamina bar changed for position players.

It's obviously a compromise as separating Durability and Stamina would still be ideal, but I can see that being difficult/nigh impossible now with year to year saves. It's a compromise that I'd be more than happy with though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
While I do agree the current system for stamina is unrealistic, I do find managing it enjoyable. That's one of the reasons why I'd be ok if they just added a slider that adjusted the speed at which the stamina bar changed for position players.

It's obviously a compromise as separating Durability and Stamina would still be ideal, but I can see that being difficult/nigh impossible now with year to year saves. It's a compromise that I'd be more than happy with though.
It's unrealistic in the sense that people do not have fatigue meters in real life but I think it somewhat accurately mirrors fatigue as catchers fatigue more rapidly and DHs barely fatigue. There's no rule that you have to rest guys so it still is possible to have a guy play 162 games in a year, if you choose.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #23
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
It's unrealistic in the sense that people do not have fatigue meters in real life but I think it somewhat accurately mirrors fatigue as catchers fatigue more rapidly and DHs barely fatigue. There's no rule that you have to rest guys so it still is possible to have a guy play 162 games in a year, if you choose.

You can still have a guy play 162 games. All he has to do is start the game. If he is low on energy, give him a at bat or 2 and then sub him out. It is still a game played. Rest him and bring him in in a pinch hit role, still counts as a game. If you look at these guys that played "162" games, I am pretty sure you will see they were DHed , subbed in or subbed out, etc.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »