Home

MLB '17 v1.08 Patch Released

This is a discussion on MLB '17 v1.08 Patch Released within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2017, 01:54 AM   #41

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB '17 v1.08 Patch Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by iorg16
exactly right! It's the "instant gratification" generation. The sliders are there for a reason. My guess is ,most that complain about the gameplay (other than the online debacle) have no idea how to play REAL baseball. Wild pitches happen, 1-3 per game is about normal, any more than that , you are doing something wrong. YOU, not the game.
I suggest you look at actual stats as wild pitches don't happen 1-3 times per game even when combining the two teams. They actually happen roughly 0.68 times per game combined between the teams.

As for the rest, the condescending tone of your post is completely unnecessary and couldn't be further from the truth.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 01:58 AM   #42

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysguy44
In this case bud the car is totally fine and you need to become a better driver The Show '17 had problems in the beginning but now its fairly fixed only annoying thing to me is how every check swing is called no swing. So just practice dude and work on your sliders or maybe get RBI Baseball 17 if you want something simple .
Only warning, posts like this won't be tolerated. You've got something constructive to add then feel free but telling people they don't know how to play the game, they don't know baseball, they just want something "simple" is overboard.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2017, 02:28 AM   #43
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

There are still some issues with the game that skill level or sliders just can't fix. It's getting better with every patch though. Hats off to SDS for continuing to crank these puppies out.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-10-2017 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:51 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 21

For information only...data from end of May:

As of May28, there have been 537 WPs in 1460 games in MLB. That comes out to about 37%...which means statistically the average is about one WP every 3 games or so.

There have been 537 WPs against 55,721 batters so far. That comes out to 0.009%.

Anyone who believes that 1-3 WPs per game is the norm is mistaken. I can control how many I throw when controlling the pitcher, but the issue I often have is that the CPU pitcher will wind up throwing 1-3 per game. Playing on default pitching sliders.

Bottom line is they need to tighten up the catcher animations and how far the ball squirts away, and tweak the baserunner logic.

C
Old 06-10-2017, 07:58 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iorg16
exactly right! It's the "instant gratification" generation. The sliders are there for a reason. My guess is ,most that complain about the gameplay (other than the online debacle) have no idea how to play REAL baseball. Wild pitches happen, 1-3 per game is about normal, any more than that , you are doing something wrong. YOU, not the game.
Opposing team catchers are booting fast balls in the strike zone two to four times per game. Please explain how that's me doing something wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
It's not first game post patch and I scored three runs on wild pitches, back to back to back.

I'm done. As good as this game could have been, it's just a mess for me.Every patch I've played 10-15 games. I have given up. There is not enough kool-aid in the world for me to drink and enjoy this game in its current state. I'm glad some of you are really enjoying it, I really am. But I'm going back to 16 for good now and probably for a good bit.
I stopped playing weeks ago but still check the forum from time to time. My impression of wild pitches is this: I play exclusively manage mode. A couple years ago for reasons I don't understand they introduced more chased pitches into the game. To do that there were more pitches in the dirt. This year they introduced new ball spin. More pitches in the dirt + new ball spin = more wild pitches.

Sometimes they listen to the wrong people when making changes. Another example is the balls curving foul down the lines. That came as a result of the same people pushing for chased pitches who wanted balls curving into the corners. Sounds innocuous enough until it is implemented and the game no longer works. Some things can't be fixed with sliders.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #47
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I stopped playing weeks ago but still check the forum from time to time. My impression of wild pitches is this: I play exclusively manage mode. A couple years ago for reasons I don't understand they introduced more chased pitches into the game. To do that there were more pitches in the dirt. This year they introduced new ball spin. More pitches in the dirt + new ball spin = more wild pitches.

Sometimes they listen to the wrong people when making changes. Another example is the balls curving foul down the lines. That came as a result of the same people pushing for chased pitches who wanted balls curving into the corners. Sounds innocuous enough until it is implemented and the game no longer works. Some things can't be fixed with sliders.
These are all good changes that only add to the authenticity/realism of the game! There are still too many fly balls and they also seem to hang in the air for longer than reality. This, combined with the lack of ball physics kept doubles as unrealistically low. We are closer now but still not perfect thanks to this change. We also have more advanced stats such as whiff% and chase% which showed that the game was lacking realistic results in these areas. These are improvements giving us a more accurate sim and less of an arcade game. I get that this means other flaws might become more noticeable but sitting stagnant does not improve our station. There is always room for improvement. In fact, it is the biggest room in my house and at my work.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #48
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

So much wrong with your post......just so much wrong.

Go back and play the version you love......17 is not for you we get it. But for the mass majority of simulation style players it is certainly a massive improvement on making it the most realistic playing baseball game we have seen yet for a console system.

Lord man.

Anyway back to the topic of patch 1.08.

Offline gameplay is great and I have seen no changes at all from patch 1.07 that are significant to even talk about.

I will keep playing and see if any OSD bugs were cured, but gameplay wise the game is marvelous.

I will be playing some online Diamond Dynasty tonight in our supporters league and report back about online stability.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-10-2017 at 11:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »