Home

Power change

This is a discussion on Power change within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2017, 12:35 AM   #1
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Power change

Has anyone quantified or came up with how much the power slider was changed in the game?

I am asking because I haven't had much time to play and now that I am rolling again I have seen a sever drop in my RTTS players ability to hit for power.

I went from hitting a Hr every 21 AB to where I now am hitting one every 31 AB. Which really doesn't make any sense because my RTTS player has gotten better and hit power it up to 78.

At first I thought, well, I am slumping. Then the slump ended. I have my average up to 340, but, I barely ever hit the ball past an OF. Working the count and on swings when I know I would normally crush the ball it is going to short outfield and at most to the OF.

In my franchise I was hitting way too many HR's, but, it wasn't really an issue in RTTS.

Has anyone figured out the amount of the power slider a person would have to change to get back to what it was before it was changed???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2017, 02:15 AM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Power change

I have data only for CPU vs. CPU games (where things like difficulty level are irrelevant), but it appears one click worth of Power slider has been reduced in v1.08 patch. By using +1 Power (from the pre-patch), I get pretty similar stats in my test games.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:32 AM   #3
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm rolling with Power +1 and Solid Hits +1. Feels pretty good so far.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:59 AM   #4
Pro

shark547's Arena

Thank you for the responses, i will up power for me by 1.

So far there is plenty of power in the league from the CPU players. At the quarter point Goldy has 19 homers and 51 RBI....between him and my 5 homers are a lot of people....lol hybrid roster...doesn't look like I am winning MVP unless Goldy gets hurt, traded to the other league, or retires!

I get irritated with changing it after I get rolling. I like to get it set and play without changing anything.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:26 AM   #5
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
Thank you for the responses, i will up power for me by 1.

So far there is plenty of power in the league from the CPU players. At the quarter point Goldy has 19 homers and 51 RBI....between him and my 5 homers are a lot of people....lol hybrid roster...doesn't look like I am winning MVP unless Goldy gets hurt, traded to the other league, or retires!

I get irritated with changing it after I get rolling. I like to get it set and play without changing anything.
Nobody likes having to tune games every time a patch drops and without knowing what exactly is changing.. It's unfortunate the tuning is happening the way it has this year.

BTW, most sliders do not affect simmed games, so all the players you are competing against... sliders don't affect their performance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #6
Pro

shark547's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Nobody likes having to tune games every time a patch drops and without knowing what exactly is changing.. It's unfortunate the tuning is happening the way it has this year.

BTW, most sliders do not affect simmed games, so all the players you are competing against... sliders don't affect their performance.
I saw some posts about that. I wasn't sure what they meant. Thank you for clearing that up.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #7
Pro

shark547's Arena

Well, that definitely fixed it....took me a few games to get my groove back...and then i quadrupled my hr total in about 20 games....maybe a bit much...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »