Home

Starter in LR slot spot/#6 starting

This is a discussion on Starter in LR slot spot/#6 starting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Starter in LR slot spot/#6 starting

If I have a SP in the LR slot and have him spot start like a #6 guy, will he lose/recover energy like a SP or like a reliever? I have stanimas at Starters 6 and relievers 4.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Starter in LR slot spot/#6 starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
If I have a SP in the LR slot and have him spot start like a #6 guy, will he lose/recover energy like a SP or like a reliever? I have stanimas at Starters 6 and relievers 4.
If a guy starts the game, I assume starter stamina lose rate applies.

I suggest you PM - Nomo17k and find out
Old 06-20-2017, 11:57 PM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I did a 6 man rotation 2 seasons (in game) ago with SP stamina at 6 and RP stamina at 4. Worked great. Then 16 came along with player morale and kind of screwed over my rotation. But that is a different topic.

Point is, it worked great for me back in 15. I doubt it's any different in 17.

It's a good thing I want to work a five man rotation now. I veer off topic again, but I would be interested in how it's working out for you if you choose to pursue a 6 man rotation. I have a situation coming up next season where it could be a possibility.

I know that I can just remember what order I was in and who I played last game, and even check the stamina of the pitchers to figure out who was last, but I play the show year round, and I sometimes take big breaks. When I come back I often just load up a game without thinking too much, so I could potentially pick the pitcher that the computer loaded as opposed to who I had scheduled in my head.

Sorry to dump a ton on your thread. Feel free to not answer, I'm just curious is all.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #4
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I did a 6 man rotation 2 seasons (in game) ago with SP stamina at 6 and RP stamina at 4. Worked great. Then 16 came along with player morale and kind of screwed over my rotation. But that is a different topic.

Point is, it worked great for me back in 15. I doubt it's any different in 17.

It's a good thing I want to work a five man rotation now. I veer off topic again, but I would be interested in how it's working out for you if you choose to pursue a 6 man rotation. I have a situation coming up next season where it could be a possibility.

I know that I can just remember what order I was in and who I played last game, and even check the stamina of the pitchers to figure out who was last, but I play the show year round, and I sometimes take big breaks. When I come back I often just load up a game without thinking too much, so I could potentially pick the pitcher that the computer loaded as opposed to who I had scheduled in my head.

Sorry to dump a ton on your thread. Feel free to not answer, I'm just curious is all.

It works out fine. It goes by starter stamina. C Anderson went 7 innings and 103 pitches, in the last game. That was spot starting him from the LRP spot.

I only run a 6 man when I get to the long 13+ game stretches really. I'm not running it the whole season. When I get to that stretch of games, I never can get a full rest on 5 days. With the changes this year to the SP, If I were to pull the SP early to make sure he was 100% for the next start, I'd only get 4, 5 innings which is fine, but when they are playing well, I hate pulling someone like Kluber or Salazaar out with only 75 pitches.
I actually keep a spreadsheet on my franchise. In one slot I have a list of the 6 starters, and next to it, I put the date(in game) of the last start. I leave the pitching rotation in menu screen alone. When I start a game, if the schedule starter isn't 100 %, I go to the next full guy. But like I said, its only on the long stretches. It works back to normal rotation after a day off.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

How does it work if you use a spot starter? Does it automatically skip the turn in the rotation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
How does it work if you use a spot starter? Does it automatically skip the turn in the rotation?

If you spot start for the #2 pitcher, then yes, the cpu will start the #3 guy not the #2 guy the next game. That's why I have to keep track of the last start date when I have to use it. You could always just start the guy that's 100% I guess lol.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #7
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Because you can't necessarily move the pitchers down to get back on track cause you will make your ace mad that he's not in the #1 spot.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Because you can't necessarily move the pitchers down to get back on track cause you will make your ace mad that he's not in the #1 spot.
Got it. There were old games where you could choose what turn the starter was on and could move to a 4 man or 6 man rotation. I don't know why the best baseball game ever cannot have this feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »