Home

In game stat overlays glitched or just intentionally put in this poorly?

This is a discussion on In game stat overlays glitched or just intentionally put in this poorly? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2017, 03:11 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0

Take a joke brother...its not that serious...
new user? Banned? For what?

I personally think its ridiculous and counterproductive to get on here and complain about things that are this small and personal. I think those types of comments make the community look bad and are counterproductive in terms of bringing about changes. I like to respond to these types of comments, what's wrong with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Shergie51; 06-29-2017 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:18 AM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergie51
Take a joke brother...its not that serious...
new user? Banned? For what?

I personally think its ridiculous and counterproductive to get on here and complain about things that are this small and personal. I think those types of comments make the community look bad and are counterproductive in terms of bringing about changes. I like to respond to these types of comments, what's wrong with that?

What's wrong with it is that it's trolling. You're not adding anything to the conversation and are forcing the discussion to go off topic.

To the topic at hand the messed up stat OSD's is one thing that turned me off to this years game. That may seem petty to some but for me it kills the immersion I feel in my franchise.

And to answer the OP's question I believe it's a bug/glitch because it wasn't like this before

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-29-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:58 PM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: In game stat overlays glitched or just intentionally put in this poorly?

I am still seeing divisional OSD's incorrect and for the life of why has this not been able to be fixed?

I am playing (Yankees) the Twins on the road and they flash up here are the A.L. East standings and show A.L Central teams listed on an A.L. East OSD.

Immersion killer.

Same thing in my Cardinals Y2Y fantasy draft carryover franchise in year 2. N.L Central teams showing as N.L East teams.

I had reported it twice already.

I know the team has to be aware of it.....yet it still happens after 9 updates.

Disappointing to say the least on an otherwise fantastic game this year.

And it is not a small little thing. This is a franchise mode presentation element. It needs to be functioning properly like it always had prior to MLBTS17.

This has been a bug since the game dropped....so not a patch related bug. This is an out of the box bug that has gone unfixed.

I just simply want to know if it can be. If it can't then I can stop getting annoyed by it as much as I am. Because SDS is great at getting things fixed.

This one thing though has not.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-29-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #12
Banned

I say this with the utmost respect for you and your opinion,

While I also have certain opinions on the improvement of the game as well as pet peeve's that annoy me I can understand this point of view and it is totally valid.

However, how can someone not see or take into account that there are much bigger problems that should be addressed? When I say bigger I mean problems that affect a wider range of people and affect a larger number of people. Do you honestly think it is productive to clog up the "request-line" or feedback-line with something as trivial as this?

Why? Because it affects your "immersion" into the game? It's not enough they have made a game that obviously entertains and has kept you entertained so long that that you have gotten to a point far enough in your franchise and through enough games to where you expect to see statistical qualifiers and league leaders appear during one of the mini cut scenes that you obviously are not pressing X through to get to the action?

I think maybe you are a little too immersed.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:41 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergie51
However, how can someone not see or take into account that there are much bigger problems that should be addressed?
How can you not see or take into account that this thread is for this issue and that other issues (generally speaking) have their own thread? One thing has nothing to do with the other.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #14
Banned

I disagree...everything written in these forums is a representation of the MLB the show community as a whole. This can be A tremendous tool in providing feedback and getting a game constantly improving through our voices...

Im not trying to be a jerk, but I think people need to think about the bigger picture and be more responsible when they start threads and make comments. Otherwise this forums effectiveness and all of our credibility suffers. You don't just start a thread every time something you don't like happens in the game. Its not a blog or game review channel.

Listen i may agree about the overlays issue. But there is no reason for someone to start a thread about it when it could have been placed or talked about in a bunch of other places. To start a brand-new thread to me just shows somebody wants to pause the game, ventilate their opinion/frustration as if it is something so severe, and then continue on playing for hours and days and years.

There is bugs/glitches thread to search through, I thread about changes for next year's game, a little things thread or something like that, and probably a bunch of others.

I will shut up now...

Old 07-02-2017, 12:32 AM   #15
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

I second this post. I really don't understand some of the stat overlays especially the doubles leaders.HR and Batting AVG leaders I can see, but doubles is useless. ERA leader overlays rarely appear on the screen. I also really dislike the fact that they show irrevelant divsion standings appear. I could be playing Mets-Phillies and it shows the AL Central standings. What in the world is that doing on my screen.

Last edited by sportomatic75; 07-02-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »