Home

Hr's down after patch

This is a discussion on Hr's down after patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #1
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Hr's down after patch

Some users on the Operation Sports forums have been reporting a loss of hitting power in the latest MLB The Show 17 patch.

Check out this post from shark547 in the forums:

Has anyone quantified or came up with how much the power slider was changed in the game?

I am asking because I haven't had much time to play and now that I am rolling again I have seen a sever drop in my RTTS players ability to hit for power.

I went from hitting a Hr every 21 AB to where I now am hitting one every 31 AB. Which really doesn't make any sense because my RTTS player has gotten better and hit power it up to 78.

It seems that much of the theory about what's going on with the power stems from the latest patch, which seems to have lowered the effectiveness of a user's hitting ability.

However, as underdog13 notes in the forums, home runs league-wide are on pace for a record in 2017:

Title says it all, currently in Mlb the league is on pace to break the total hr record by a wide margin. And that's not counting the uptick in Hr's that occur in july/august.

When the game first released, a large majority (me included) complained about the amount of hr's and velocity off the bat. Sds has since patched and altered the hitting, to the communities request. Now currently it seems the gameplay doesn't represent the state of the MLB with this new ball they have.

Thoughts?

Obviously the quest for a completely realistic simulation of a game like baseball is a constant moving target. The minute you think the power sliders are overcooked and you dial them back, you realize you might've been closer than before due to an odd year where the longball is everywhere.

Sumodeads came up with one possible solution in the forums:

I've noticed the same thing as you and it's been frustrating. I never touch the sliders, I just adjust my difficulty as I get better. This year I wa having very competitive games, so blowouts(by both teams) and lots of close games. Since the patch scoring is way down. Off the suggestion from another thread I increased power and solid hits by +1.

I also increased CPU hit power and solid hits by +1. I pitch on Legend and its tough. Since the patch I felt like I was pitching on All Star.

I've only played a few games since, but more balls have left the yard. I need a larger sample size of course, but it looks promising.

You can add your own as to what you are seeing with power and some solutions you are coming up with to balance things out (if any) in the comments below!

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Hr's down after patch

I personally don't think it's down as I hit 66 HR's in 57 games post patch.

However, Nomo did extensive testing and said most likely that if you raise power by 1, it will mitigate what the last patch supposedly changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
Pro

jtott's Arena

I will try that... Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
Rookie

devrasec's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
I've noticed that since the last patch hr's are down quite considerably. What can I do to bring them back up a little bit. I mean I don't want them hit like in Coors field .. or right field in Yankee stadium.. but I am now lucky if I hit one Hr every few games. At that pace ... I will be like the Cardinals in the early 80's ( 65-75 hr's for the team at seasons end). I'm am sure it's a slider adjustment.

What is working for you / what do you recommend?
Thanks

Which batting interface are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've noticed the same thing as you and it's been frustrating. I never touch the sliders, I just adjust my difficulty as I get better. This year I wa having very competitive games, so blowouts(by both teams) and lots of close games. Since the patch scoring is way down. Off the suggestion from another thread I increased power and solid hits by +1.

I also increased CPU hit power and solid hits by +1. I pitch on Legend and its tough. Since the patch I felt like I was pitching on All Star.

I've only played a few games since, but more balls have left the yard. I need a larger sample size of course, but it looks promising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #6
Pro

jtott's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrasec
Which batting interface are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Operation Sports mobile app
I play on Veteran... using Directional / button hitting. I have contact and power sliders at 6

Old 06-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #7

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I've noticed the same thing as of late. Problem is I have no idea if it's just one of those slumps the game sends your team spiraling into, the patch or something else enitrely. Now on balls middle of the plate I'm sending a lot more lazy fly ball's into the OF and if I get decent contact and drive it the launch angle is nowhere near high enough and it's nothing more then a double. The thing is the CPU is still capable of hitting them, in the 14 games since the patch the CPU has hit 18 HR's but I've only managed 12 and nearly all of those are from the games I simulated and not the one's I played. My scoring is down, my average is down and power is down.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I think increasing Solid Hits + 1 is the key, in addition to Power + 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »