Home

Should I buy a PS4 for The Show

This is a discussion on Should I buy a PS4 for The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2017, 12:02 AM   #9
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Should I buy a PS4 for The Show

The Show is fantastic. I'm a pc guy who has a PS4 as my "second" gaming platform for the exclusives. I'm extremely satisfied with my gaming environment (wish I had a pro for the framerates, but not worth a $500CDN upgrade when I could save that for computer parts).

I know you're asking about the show specifically, but the PS4 has some other games that should not be overlooked. If your into artsy/thoughtful stuff, Journey, Flower, and the Unfinished Swan are all essentials, and in a bundle (which is on sale right now on the PS store).

Towerfall:acension, Sportsfriends, and Nidhogg are fantastic indie party games.

Horizon:Zero Dawn tops my must play AAA titles. I know it's new but it was freaking fantastic. First title to make me regret not having a Pro. It's gorgeous and plays very well but as a PC player those framerate dips are distracting.

As for the show specifically, to me there is one feature that does make the investment worth it: year to year saves. So when the next version comes out with the features you just need, you can migrate your save and not lose out on your progress. Currently in the 2018 year of a franchise I started in 2014, playing every pitch of every at bat. It's pretty freakin epic.

Sorry to gush on your thread.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:17 AM   #10
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtko3324
Does the PS4 MLB The Show 16 and 17 both allow one to play with the legend players in Franchise mode?

I'm also considering buying a PS4 only for this game but I'm a huge older player guy and I read somewhere the Legends can't be used offline or in that way. Any info is appreciated on how Legends work in the game.

(sorry to piggy-back your thread a little)
Pick a team, swap out that teams players for the legends who are in the free agent list(s), save the roster, start a franchise, load that saved roster and you're good to go. There are also legend rosters in the roster vault.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:25 AM   #11
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Pick a team, swap out that teams players for the legends who are in the free agent list(s), save the roster, start a franchise, load that saved roster and you're good to go. There are also legend rosters in the roster vault.
Thank you! Looking forward to the game and reading this forum for tips/help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 04:01 AM   #12
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes. The Show is the one game I would pick if I could only take one game with me on a desert island. Just one note of caution: it is VERY addicting.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:04 PM   #13
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

This year's show is just that good I am only a so so baseball fan and I can't stop playing it. You could easily make a case for a PS4 purchase for a THE SHOW game only.... So many always to play as well.

Hours and hours. I can't decide at times which mode to play and attempt to finish.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I didn't take long to make my decision. Picked up a Pro and The show after work and played RTTS. Played through evaluation and my first game with Central. I am a speedy center fielder and had a pretty good first game I felt for pretty much just jumping right in. I need to go back and study some controls, though as I am not sure if there is something I can push to sprint faster or dive for the ball while playing in the field.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I found the game enjoyable, but I don't find myself overly excited to get back in the game and pick up where I left off, but maybe that will change once I get further into it. I somewhat wonder if I should have went with an infield position to make it a little more exciting and challenging in the field. Right now the outfield has been easy, but it is the position I played when I played the game, so it was hard not to go with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 04:57 PM   #16
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Outfield is unfortunately the worst choice in RTTS, mainly because the camera angle is so awful. Also playing SS or 2B gives you a lot more action (you get to turn double plays, chances to tag out base stealers, etc.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »