Home

Patches ruining the game

This is a discussion on Patches ruining the game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2017, 08:22 AM   #33
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Patches ruining the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Almost as good as "And the power bat of Greg Bird steps in" It should be changed to "surprised he's not on the dl"
Greg Bird is the next Nick Johnson.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #34
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Almost as good as "And the power bat of Greg Bird steps in" It should be changed to "surprised he's not on the dl"
Ha ha. But on The Show 17 he is my best hitter this season so far. Yep he is fulfilling his potential in the virtual Yankees universe and staying healthy.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-09-2017, 03:52 PM   #35
Pro

shark547's Arena

Haha! Yeah, I can't complain about Greg Bird....I absolutely rake with him and Joc Pederson.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2017, 04:38 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
This is literally what happened with NBA this year. They made a great game that people found an exploit so they had to patch away all of the strides they made to where the game just became 16 again. All because of people that have to win at all costs.

Online modes are the worst. You have to trudge just to find someone that isn’t going to And honestly, I blame the parents that are starving these young adults for competition. They don’t get it anywhere else so online games are becoming bigger and bigger. Plus, since they don’t compete anywhere else, the parents don’t teach them the right way to win and lose so who do they watch? The showiest players BECAUSE THE MEDIA OUTLETS GIVE THEM THE MOST AIR TIME.

This is an epidemic. Bad parenting and ratings driven television and news and the ever narcissistic social media are all working together to produce some of the most entitled self focused people the world has ever seen.

Excuse my rant there, but it’s gotten bad. Watching sports is getting harder now. It’s like the challenge isn’t to win anymore, it’s trying to see who can show up the other players. How are we supposed to expect our kids to respect others when the people we hold in esteem actively try to hurt others?

You don’t care where I sent this from

I agree with you...but to answer your question: stop holding people in esteem simply because they are rich, famous, or good at sports. I learned at an early age when i was trying to get an autograph after the Rockets won the nba Championship. I have a rockets championship hat with Scotty brooks signature and Otis thorpe, but no Olajuwon because the price to get his autograph was north of $100 and we couldnt afford it. Over $150 for a man to write his name. I didnt resent him for it but i told myself right then that they are just people like anyone else and im not holding them in esteem. they are just human beings like everyone else, and instead of just being grateful and thankful and understanding they are blessed, they act as if it was all their hard dont tell people the truth

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-10-2017, 12:10 PM   #37
Rookie

I agree. I don't even get why online is so popular. Id much rather build a team up from the ground, start a franchise and trade everyone away (#whitesox), than play a screaming twelve year old that rage quits when I pull Chris sale out of the bullpen. Jeez. Patches have gone to far

Sent from my technological device which can connect to the worldwide interwebsOperation Sports mobile app
Old 07-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #38
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm going to be picking this up sometime this. My question for you guys is... am I better off staying disconnected from the internet? To avoid any patches. Did it play better at the initial release? Or are some of the patches needed? Does it still play better, than first day release, despite new issues cropping up.

Edit: I'm strictly an Off-line franchise player

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #39
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd definitely get the patches. There were a lot of annoying things that were fixed (SP getting pulled too early, too many wild pitches, fielders are more realistic now, etc.). Overall, with the right sliders (tweak to your taste), the game plays better now.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-12-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #40
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

My problem is why can't they patch in updated hairstyles and faces. You're telling me you can't pull a madden and do commentary updates and have Cody Bellinger or Clint Frazier likeness in the game? We have to have CAPs of these guys? Or Andrew benintendi can't get long hair or Sandy Leon can't have a beard added to his face?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »