Home

Morale and playoff rosters.

This is a discussion on Morale and playoff rosters. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Morale and playoff rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Unfortunately, this is what we say every single year. "Hopefully next year franchise gets some attention."

I remember seeing that Russell said that they literally only have one programmer that works on franchise mode. I'm sure it a daunting task to create, implement, and check new features in that mode. Sadly, there's just no reason for SCEA to give franchise mode attention since they make tons of money from Diamond Dynasty and Road to The Show.
Yeah which is disappointing because NBA2k has done some cool concepts with franchise (rivalries, multiple injuries) which would work really well in a baseball game. I think because the gameplay is so good, we give SCEA a pass.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:03 PM   #10
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

I noticed this 1 the other day for morale. I am doing a NL team franchise with a DH and lets not get into THAT debate right now because it's an unwinable argument no matter which side you are on.... anyway I never check the morales mostly because I don't like it, anyways I had guys showing their status as platoon and upset when they were in my line-ups everyday. Well even though I was using the dh line ups. Because It was a NL team I had to go in and put said players in the line-ups for non dh and then their morale went back up? Now how dumb is that?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #11
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
Playoff rosters are broke, people coming back from injury during the playoffs is broke. Essentially if you want to set your playoff roster you need to do it in August and if a guy is scheduled to return from injury during the playoffs you need to manually fix his injury and make sure he's on the roster before the end of the regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. If a player is out, he's out for the entire postseason. Don't even get me started on the morale system. I like where their head is at but they should let you edit morale attributes.

For example: the role a player wants. Some are unreasonable and setting Lucroy's expectation from "star" to "everyday" would help his morale.

Also a large part of morale are salaries..which are broken, especially with call-ups earning 50K in the majors.

Last edited by Ace2734; 07-15-2017 at 02:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #12
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Co-sign everything in here!

The playoff roster issue kills me the most...had to go without a solid player last playoffs and it hurt.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
I noticed this 1 the other day for morale. I am doing a NL team franchise with a DH and lets not get into THAT debate right now because it's an unwinable argument no matter which side you are on.... anyway I never check the morales mostly because I don't like it, anyways I had guys showing their status as platoon and upset when they were in my line-ups everyday. Well even though I was using the dh line ups. Because It was a NL team I had to go in and put said players in the line-ups for non dh and then their morale went back up? Now how dumb is that?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Operation Sports mobile app

Yep. You can also cheat it this way by putting a NL player in the no DH lineups who isn't in your actually DH lineup. I also use full league DH and this is annoying lol

Old 07-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
This is a legacy issue. I get really frustrated that I cannot add players to my playoff roster. Also does not allow players to be added unless they were physically on the 25 on Sept. 1.

If they played on the 25 from April 1 to aug 31 they are not eligible for playoff roster in game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So basically you're 25 man on Sept 1 is your playoff roster? No matter what?

I didn't make the playoffs In 2017 but am going for it in the next few seasons. I was expecting for everyone on my 40 man on Sept 1 to be eligible for the post season roster... you can set rosters at the beginning of each series IRL right?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-15-2017, 03:02 PM   #15
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwilli4
So basically you're 25 man on Sept 1 is your playoff roster? No matter what?

I didn't make the playoffs In 2017 but am going for it in the next few seasons. I was expecting for everyone on my 40 man on Sept 1 to be eligible for the post season roster... you can set rosters at the beginning of each series IRL right?

Seems to be what my experience is. I've had guys who played on the 25 throughout the season, but were not on 25 on Sept 1 so they were not playoff eligible for whatever reason.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Seems to be what my experience is. I've had guys who played on the 25 throughout the season, but were not on 25 on Sept 1 so they were not playoff eligible for whatever reason.

According to MLB rules it doesn't really matter what happens before 31 August. If a player is on the 40 man at the end of that day, he's eligible for the post season roster.

Since there isn't really a way in The Show to determine the 25 man once rosters expand, I guess the game defaults to 1 Sept to set post season rosters? Maybe a way around this is to demote players back down to the minors before the end of the regular season? I don't know if this would use an option or not?

My other question... can you change rosters between post season series? This is allowed IRL and useful... but it looks like it's not possible in The Show?

It should be a date in the calendar. There are plenty of reasons why you might want your 25 to be different for say a Wild Card game than it was 1 Sept and then different again for an NLDS or WS.

Last edited by rtwilli4; 07-15-2017 at 04:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »