Home

Can we focus on RTTS now please!

This is a discussion on Can we focus on RTTS now please! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can we focus on RTTS now please!

i get the the game makes most of its money on online play and stupid people buying packs of cards that dont mean anything, but i buy this game to play RTTS. there are so many glitches and patches that need to be made in this aspect of the game its stupid. i got drafted by the yankees, the rosters are a mess, why is matt holiday in AA when i started a new character. all prospects should be added to minor league rosters that are in the top 100 at least. why did the yankees trade gary sanchez to the red sox for their aaa catcher and their 5th starter? why do position players not throw the ball after fielding it. why is Chris Davis bunting!!!!!!!! so much bunting it needs to stop!!!! i also would like a DH/P option like that japanese pitcher thats going to be signed by the cubs this offseason. also for pitchers to gain training points on hitting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can we focus on RTTS now please!

oh and dont get me started on how my player stops moving automatically! ill move my player where i god damn want to move him
Old 07-15-2017, 10:42 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

First and foremost, you really need to work on being more tactful with your posting. It will be more enduring for someone to try and help you out, or better understand the issues that you are having.

With that said, I'm willing to take shot and we'll start after the insult of those who buy card packs that play the game differently than you.

1) Matt Holliday in AA - Depending on when you started a new character, he may be in AA due to him being injured in real life and on the DL. If you used the most recent roster udpate and Holliday was on the DL during that update, he will not be on the 25 man roster and instead in the minors. At least I believe that is correct.

2) Top 100 prospects added to minor leagues - If you're referring that real life players who are Top 100 prospects in baseball not being in the game, this is due to the fact that they cannot be added to the game until they have played in the major leagues due to them not being part of the MLBPA. If you mean something else, please elaborate.

3) Yanks trade Gary Sanchez - I don't know. Sometimes in this game the AI makes roster moves that we don't agree with.

4) Position players not throwing ball after fielding - Is this your controlled player in RTTS? If so, are you by chance cancelling throws due to hitting the base button multiple times?

5) Chris Davis bunting - Not sure.

6) DH/P option - Until its actually implemented in the game in real life, I don't foresee this option being added. But we can always hope for it to be added in '18.

7) Pitchers getting training pts for hitting - Maybe something that can be added in '18.

8) Players automatically stopping - Can you provide an example or elaborate on what you mean? Not sure understand what you're referencing here.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 07-15-2017 at 10:44 PM. Reason: can't spell lol
Old 07-15-2017, 11:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Welcome to the club buddy. Every since DD came along and they realized they could get some people to shell out cash to play that became priority numero uno.

The line is forming behind franchise players, take a number.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:46 PM   #5
Rookie

mlb the show, NHL, madden are all scams if you play online. they want you to buy packs where theres a .001 chance youre getting a 90+ player and make them money, yes youre an idiot for buying packs. the game is $60 not $2-300

1.nah matt holiday was in AAA (my bad) cuz he was a 77 or lower i forgot and behind gardner and ellsbury and others rated ahead of him.

2.i know the prospects aren't added by the developers cuz they dont get paid for their name being in the game I'm just suggesting they should put them in cuz people dont want to play 10 seasons with random computer generated players, i know people do rosters with the prospects i try to download them but when the game first comes out i want to play it not wait a month for someone to make a roster then play the game i paid $60 for

3. They can write code for something like this, not trading a player the yankees have 6 year of control of for **** players when teams are out of the playoff race, its common sense

4. no i know how to play the game and i do everything correct, the AI sometimes just doesnt throw the ball and glitches, also on grounders the players full out sprint down the line. a 35 speed guy isn't full out sprinting a grounder to the short stop and beating it out. they need to write some code and make them jog it down the line

5. ya i know the AI bunts way to much for some reason cuz the corners play back and 50+ speed guys bunt for hits all the time and its just annoying, it doesn't happen in the real mlb

6/7. i know this is MLB THE SHOW not nippon league the show but i like hitting and pitching. so if i buy/ save up some stubs to spend on my pitcher so he has 80+ contact and power i expect some training points and not to bat 8-9 in the line up.

9. so for example youre a pitcher. and a ball is hit to the right side and you go and cover 1st like youre soppost to your player stops if the 1st basemen fields the ball and is going for the bag to make the out. but sometimes and it has happened to me a lot, where he's deep in the hole and he would toss it to the pitcher covering but my pitcher stops when the 1st basemen fields the ball and the game won't let me cover the bag and the runner is safe. (cost me 3 no hitters)

it also happens when I'm the pitcher/ 1b and i let up a hit with people on base and i go to back up 3rd or home (or a cut off) it just stops my player and won't let me move at all.

10. also when youre going for a grounder or pop up and the camera angle changes and youre controller is pushed one way then the camera angle shifts and youre still going that one way and your player goes the opposite direction because of that camera shift pisses me off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 11:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Matthewjdh19's Arena

I would like it to be dynamic also so your prayer automatically improve it's pending on the way you play NHL does this and it's fantastic though if I hit three home runs in a game my powers automatically going to go up and I'm going to earn points

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-16-2017, 12:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Matthewjdh19's Arena

My first road to the show this year I was the third baseman for the Cincinnati Reds by the time my third year came along everyone was Don was on the current roster everyone we were the worst team in baseball and I'm the only one doing anything and I'm not winning and I can't get traded it's terrible I want to win the World Series how much of the do that on a team that is terrible and then I finally got training and I got traded to the Colorado Rockies again I'm sitting behind no one Arenado how does that make sense

Old 07-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewjdh19
My first road to the show this year I was the third baseman for the Cincinnati Reds by the time my third year came along everyone was Don was on the current roster everyone we were the worst team in baseball and I'm the only one doing anything and I'm not winning and I can't get traded it's terrible I want to win the World Series how much of the do that on a team that is terrible and then I finally got training and I got traded to the Colorado Rockies again I'm sitting behind no one Arenado how does that make sense

You could just create a player in Franchise and then do Player Lock for each game. Not ideal since you don't get the satisfaction of working your way up to the bigs and all that, but then you could play for whatever team you want, control trades, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »