Home

Most Rage Inducing Moments in The Show

This is a discussion on Most Rage Inducing Moments in The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Most Rage Inducing Moments in The Show

Couple of days ago, took a Conquest game all the way to the 9th. Pushed across a runner on a sac fly in the top half, 1-0. First pitch in the bottom half, RYAN FREAKING RABURN takes Billy Wagner deep. I'm frustrated, but eventually settle down. 2 out, 2 on. IBB to load the bases. 0-2. We're going to the tenth!
Nope! Passed ball. Rockies win.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 31

From my Indians Fantasy Draft Franchise.....almost chucked the controller but kept full restraint, barely.

Game 3 - Cleveland Indians (1-1) at Texas Rangers (1-1)

The Tribe's bullpen woes continued in the rubber match of the opening week 3-game series as the home team Rangers rallied back from a 7-4 deficit in the 9th inning to grab a their 2nd walk off win of the series with a final score of 8-7.

Cleveland erased a 2-nothing deficit in the top of the 3rd inning by putting a 5 spot on the board highlighted by a Joc Pederson 3-run homer into the upper deck in right field, and then 3 batters later Maikel Franco smashes a 2-run homer down the right field line into the 2nd deck, both off of Texas right-hander Phil Hughes. The right hander would leave the game after five innings of play trailing 5-3, his final line 5.0 IP 7 H 5 R 5 ER 2 BB 6 K's.

Indians take a 3-2 lead on a Joc Pederson 3-run HR to left field in the top of the 3rd inning off of right-hander Phil Hughes.

Indians starter Vince Velasquez would record the quality start with a final line of 6.0 IP 4 H 3 R 3 ER 3 BB 5 K's. Meanwhile a tired bullpen would render Cleveland lefty Andrew Miller and the Closer Dellin Betances unavailable on the evening. Brad Hand, and Evan Marshall would record holds despite Marshall walking Nick Hundley with the bases loaded in the 7th to make the score 6-4.

Cleveland would record an insurance run in the top of the 9th as Maikel Franco lines a triple to CF scoring Aaron Judge from second to make the score 7-4 heading into the bottom of the 9th. Former closer John Axford started the 9th and proceeded to give up a single to Gregory Polanco, get Donaldson to fly out to right, then give up a 1-out single to left Eric Thames, followed by a walk to Nick Hundley to load the bases with only 1-out.

"I'm just speechless, I won't be able to wipe this smile off my face for a week." -- J.P. Crawford (SS) - Texas Rangers

Max Kepler would then pop out to shallow centerfield to bring up rookie J.P Crawford. The shortstop would smash a 2-0 fastball down the line and over the wall in right field for the walk off grandslam homerun for the 8-7 win.

"Love the never give up attitude this team has. Keep fighting and good things can happen" -- Jeff Bannister - Manager - Texas Rangers

Notes:
- Tommy Hunter (TEX) gets his first win of the season out of the bullpen, his line... 2.0 IP 2 H 1 R 1 ER 0 BB 1 K
- every Ranger recorded a hit except for centerfielder Max Kepler who went 0-5 on the day
- 6 of the 7 Indians runs came from the long ball with homers from Pederson (2), Franco (1), and Perez (2)

Cleveland gets a day off to recover from the tough loss with an off-day as they travel to Arizona to take on the D-Backs in a 3-game series. The Diamondbacks send lefty Henry Owens (0-0) to the mound to face the young Indian lefty Julio Urias (0-0).
Old 07-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #11
Rookie

My young ace lefty is going into the 8th with a perfect game, leading 2-0, retire the first two batters easily, then the 6 hole hitter comes up, hits a Dave Kingman pop fly to shallow left. My left fielder is jogging to the ball, next thing I know, the animation starts of him wildly throwing his glove and completely missing the all.
I feel disgusted, but at least I still have the no hitter. Next batter, extreme pull lefty with 42 power against lefties smashes an oppo taco.
Go to the 9th, still upset about losing the no hitter, proceed to hit back to back homers to take a 4-2 lead. Bottom of the 9th, my almost always reliable closer gets the first two outs easily, walk the third, give up another two run shot to tie the game. Next two batters rip singles up the middle, brings up the same dude who tied it in the 8th. Power better against righties, but not by much, 52 power. Launches a walk off 3 run homer.
I don't think I played for a week after this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2017, 01:48 AM   #12
Rookie

TheCoastIsBen's Arena

Yeahhh tied 1 - 1 bottom of the 8th vs the mariners. Buddy Boshers (2.79 ERA) just needs to keep the game tied for my 2 3 4 hitters in the top of 9. Dyson singles between 1st and second. Ok fine my fault. Segura proceeds to bunt him over. Cool no worries. Then 3 hole hitter takes a sinker out of the zone and in the dirt into the gap to score both. Of course my throw is offline so there's no play at home or 3rd. Mariners up by 2. I then proceed to go through 4 other relievers before I get through the inning. 12 - 1 Mariners top of the 9th. Dozier lines out to center on a perfectly timed swing. Kepler pops out to the catcher. Sano strikes out on another perfectly timed swing.... Final 12-1 Mariners.... Beyond done.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-23-2017, 05:25 PM   #13
Banned

Playing CPU on play now mode, throwback custom 1977 rosters, bottom of the 9th up by one , 2 outs. Lou Piniella singles, Mickey Rivers home run, game over.
same scenario, except tied 3-3, Toby Harrah (Rangers) first pitch sinker almost in the dirt, home run.
same scenario up by 2 runs, Rod Carew home run, Larry Hisle home run, Lyman Bostock , FREAKIN' home run!
this has happen a bunch of times and I hate it. It's like the CPU is pre-programmed to win in this situation.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:02 AM   #14
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

Yep, seems like I'm not the only one getting screwed out of games on a regular basis.

More ridiculousness: Just played the second game of my 2005 Phillies season @ Citi Field against the Mets.

I'm winning 3-0 after a home run in the 5th. My starter who has been rocking all game suddenly walks two batters with 2 outs and then my right fielder lets a ball fall literally right out of the center of his glove. All he had to do was close his glove and the inning is over. Cameron steps up and hits a grand slam...

I end up getting the lead back, 5-4. 8th inning, 2 outs and the opposing pitcher would be out, but the second baseman launches the ball into the stratosphere over the first baseman's head. Reyes hits a triple...

9th inning, I get the lead again, 7-5. get 2 batters out, man on first. Wright reaches for a ball WAY out of the zone and hits it for a homerun...

12th inning, 2nd baseman lets the ball go right through him, Reyes is on 2nd now. Miguel Cairo, who is 0 for 5, hits a pitch way low and inside for a double. I would say that I lost, but I turned the game off before Reyes touched home plate

Does anyone else feel like the scripting is HEAVY this year? I enjoyed last year's game WAY more than this. Last year, every single time I got beat it felt good, because the way the AI was able to beat me felt natural. This year almost every single game, no matter if I have a 1-0 or 10-0 lead, the AI comes back in some ridiculous way and barely wins or loses the game by a run or two, and it just doesn't feel natural. I like the realistic ball physics this year, but I think I'm gonna go backwards for the rest of this year and play 16, which is a first for me with The Show, playing since 13.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Most Rage Inducing Moments in The Show

There is no scripting, no cheating, no comeback AI, no rubber banding AI.

Every year someone loses a game or two they feel they shouldn't have lost and claim the AI cheated and there is some malicious AI programming allowing it to happen.

Funny thing is you never see these claims when someone comes back and wins a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2017, 08:43 AM   #16
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
There is no scripting, no cheating, no comeback AI, no rubber banding AI.

Every year someone loses a game or two they feel they shouldn't have lost and claim the AI cheated and there is some malicious AI programming allowing it to happen.

Funny thing is you never see these claims when someone comes back and wins a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Exactly! I've won just as many games as I have lost because of funny business. Besides if Bartolo Colon can hit a HR in real life... ANYTHING is possible in sports!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »