Home

Pitcher Rating Splits: Why are they still missing?

This is a discussion on Pitcher Rating Splits: Why are they still missing? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2017, 12:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Pitcher Rating Splits: Why are they still missing?

As in vs RHB/LHB...........situational aspects like this in which one role pitchers play a big part are in the real MLB....... so why isn't this represented in MLB The Show also?

Anyone have a clue?

I would love to see it be modifiable for (historical especially) Roster Creation--in the near future.

Thanks

(would also love to SEE players/be able to adjust one's place in the box and/or choke up on bat slightly --i.e. "cheat"--when facing fastball vs breaking ball counts........it would really add needed small things which make baseball the great game that it is)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 12:42 AM   #2
Rookie

dherrera1015's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pitcher Rating Splits: Why are they still missing?

The pitcher rating splits would add so much to this game. Pitchers like Javier Lopez (won WS with BOS '04 '07 and SF '12 '14 and went to my high school) would be unhittable against LHB. Hopefully they implement this into MLB 18 The Show. Long overdue.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Question of the year. We're all bitching about how this or that is the ONE THING that better be fixed next year, but I think after all the noise has quieted down this might be it.

Adding to that, how cool would it be if DURING AN AT BAT you could just hit/hold a button to see the splits? Or as a batter see a breakdown of all the pitches thrown to you and/or to batters of your handedness WITHOUT going to the pause menu and using the box graphic THAT'S FROM THE PITCHER'S PERSPECTIVE...

Great post.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
Question of the year. We're all bitching about how this or that is the ONE THING that better be fixed next year, but I think after all the noise has quieted down this might be it.

Adding to that, how cool would it be if DURING AN AT BAT you could just hit/hold a button to see the splits? Or as a batter see a breakdown of all the pitches thrown to you and/or to batters of your handedness WITHOUT going to the pause menu and using the box graphic THAT'S FROM THE PITCHER'S PERSPECTIVE...

Great post.
You can see the splits by pressing Left on the D-Pad from either perspective.

You can see all the pitches from a previous at-bat, or during that at-bat once it has started, from the pitcher's perspective by clicking the right thumb stick.

I would like a quicker way to access the batter/pitcher analysis window during the game. Seems like all of this stuff should be accessible with d-pad functions.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:10 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I know it would be a lot of work but I'd also like catchers to get a frame rating slider and attributes splits for both vision and discipline. attributes splits just make the game so much deeper and really distinguish players even further.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 11:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
You can see the splits by pressing Left on the D-Pad from either perspective.

You can see all the pitches from a previous at-bat, or during that at-bat once it has started, from the pitcher's perspective by clicking the right thumb stick.

I would like a quicker way to access the batter/pitcher analysis window during the game. Seems like all of this stuff should be accessible with d-pad functions.
Yes, I know, but I guess I wasn't being clear enough and didn't have the terminology at hand. The batter/pitcher analysis from the stat menu should be available during the at-bat. We're on the same page here.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:12 PM   #7
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter
As in vs RHB/LHB...........situational aspects like this in which one role pitchers play a big part are in the real MLB....... so why isn't this represented in MLB The Show also?

Anyone have a clue?

I would love to see it be modifiable for (historical especially) Roster Creation--in the near future.

Thanks

(would also love to SEE players/be able to adjust one's place in the box and/or choke up on bat slightly --i.e. "cheat"--when facing fastball vs breaking ball counts........it would really add needed small things which make baseball the great game that it is)
If I'm understanding this right, you want to have pitchers have vsL and vsR H/9 and then vsL K/9 and vsR K/9 etc? In a way, it is already in the game. If you don't believe me, throw a bunch of breaking stuff right over the plate. You'll see a lot more barreled balls from opposite side hitters rather than from same side.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:59 PM   #8
Rookie

I think the dev team/Ramone has said in the past that because batting splits are already included adding pitcher splits as well would cause sort of a double whammy and throw stats out of whack.

IMO pitcher splits need to be in the game. Currently pitchers that, for example, really dominate lefty hitters but get absolutely rocked by righties may end up with an average H/9 rating as the difference gets split. That H/9 attribute should instead be high vs. LHB and low vs. RHB, not somewhere in the middle with only the batter's ability affecting it. If a batter sucks against lefty pitchers, and he faces an extra tough lefty, his ratings should take an additional penalty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »