Home

2K Upping the Ante on Franchise Mode, Hope the Show Takes Note

This is a discussion on 2K Upping the Ante on Franchise Mode, Hope the Show Takes Note within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:50 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: 2K Upping the Ante on Franchise Mode, Hope the Show Takes Note

Upping the ante and taking shots at other dev teams???

Why? Because you added roster management options that are specific to the game of basketball and weren't in the game before?

There are things I'd like to see added to the franchise mode of the Show, but to act as if SDS needs to somehow answer a challenge by 2k is just silly.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-29-2017, 01:39 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Upping the ante and taking shots at other dev teams???

Why? Because you added roster management options that are specific to the game of basketball and weren't in the game before?

There are things I'd like to see added to the franchise mode of the Show, but to act as if SDS needs to somehow answer a challenge by 2k is just silly.
If you think the difference between 2k's franchise mode and The Show's is some roster management options, you don't know what you're talking about. These are the 2 games I play most, franchise mode only, and 2k runs circles around The Show. In simple terms, 2k's franchise is Babe Ruth while The Show is a 24 year old single-A middle reliever.

That said, I still love The Show and I know SDS doesn't have the same resources at 2k, so I don't expect the same quality. However, I am dying for some more franchise depth in The Show.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:10 AM   #11
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

OVR: 0

One thing I love about 2K is the stat tracking. I love seeing all time, single season, and single game records in 2K and seeing that in the show would be absolutely amazing. They have like top 100 all time in every stat (points, rebounds, assists, etc.) and then also like a top-10 for season records and a top-5 for each team's single game records. I'd love to see something even remotely similar to the Show, especially the single season and all time leaderboards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2017, 07:07 AM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
2K Upping the Ante on Franchise Mode, Hope the Show Takes Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin23IU
If you think the difference between 2k's franchise mode and The Show's is some roster management options, you don't know what you're talking about. These are the 2 games I play most, franchise mode only, and 2k runs circles around The Show. In simple terms, 2k's franchise is Babe Ruth while The Show is a 24 year old single-A middle reliever.

That said, I still love The Show and I know SDS doesn't have the same resources at 2k, so I don't expect the same quality. However, I am dying for some more franchise depth in The Show.

You completely missed the point of my post.

No where did I say that the only difference between the two was roster management options. Nor did I say that 2k's franchise wasn't more robust.

I was merely speaking to the point that there was this ideology presented that SDS has to somehow answer a challenge put forth by 2K.

And I laughed at the shot that was taken at other developers, especially given the devs at 2K has no idea how the licensing agreement between MLB and SDS is setup and what can and cannot be done (i.e.: expansion)

So I assure you, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

As a consumer, I don't care if SCEA has 1 guy or 100 working on franchise mode compared to however many as NBA 2k. I play primarily on PC and use my PS4 for the show and other exclusives. On the PC market, if a dev team is small, they won't charge AAA price and market like a AAA game if they know they won't be launching that. A lot of games by smaller teams release at 20 to 30 bucks and are supported to the point where they eventually compete with AAA games. If SCEA is going to market like a AAA team and sell the game at AAA price then I'm going to compare it to other AAA titles.

If The Show was $40 I would hold it o a different standard, but when I'm being charged $60 I'll compare it to other $60 games regardless of the difference in the size of the teams making the game. SCEA will get no sympathy from me because their team is smaller. If they want to use that excuse, go ahead, but don't charge $60 if your team size limits you that much. It's already crazy we only had 1 guy working on franchise mode. That guy deserves a lot of credit for doing a lot of good work, but I'm not going to think it's all alright that progress has been slowed because it's one guy working on it only, rather I'm more confused as to why a game selling for $60 had only 1 guy devoted to such an important mode.

― Plato
Old 07-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #14
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't mind it all. 2k is always pushing the envelope and other developers should take notice.

I'm also pretty sure Ramone has posted in here before praising the 2k team for their improvements to myLeague.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2017, 11:10 AM   #15
Rookie

Neith's Arena

They really need to start making franchise a better experience. I get it they only have so much time, but it simply needs to be better IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #16
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neith
They really need to start making franchise a better experience. I get it they only have so much time, but it simply needs to be better IMO.
lets be honest, 2k only has so much time as well. just the difference is the amount of people available to apply all the stuff 2k does to their game per year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »