Home

challenging a play at first base

This is a discussion on challenging a play at first base within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5
challenging a play at first base

Someone said you do this by holding the square( maybe circle i forgot) i did it 2 times, in different games, now it doesn't work at all, tried it several games, on close plays of course, did something change, its not working now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 12:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: challenging a play at first base

You can only do it on plays the game deems are worth challenging. You'll be shown the manager going out to challenge and you'll see the replay once - all in 20 seconds, during which time you have to decide whether or not you're going to challenge. The replay ends with 1-2 seconds left.

You can't challenge every play. And I'm pretty sure there's an option to make them possible (on by default, though).
Old 08-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #3
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6

And, which really sucks, is you can't challenge a play if it is the last out of an inning. At least I haven't seen it in the 150+ hours of playing. There's been many plays that would warrant a possible challenge, but if that play ends the inning, nothing you can do about it.

If someone can show me an inning ending play that let the manager come out to challenge I would appreciate it. Like I said, I've yet to see it.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Really hope they expand this for 2018. The challenge system is a huge part baseball now.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:29 PM   #5
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Really hope they expand this for 2018. The challenge system is a huge part baseball now.
highly doubt it. Ramone during the streams always end up saying, its either expand on the challenge system or don't add anything new to the game.

Last edited by Syce; 08-17-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #6
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
highly doubt it. Russell during the streams always end up saying, its either expand on the challenge system or don't add anything new to the game.
If they don't expand it they better take the whole challenge thing out of the game. It doesn't feel right to me, I mean, we can only challenge some plays at first base and it's automatically, we can't do it manually.

Do it right or don't do anything. I really like the game but as someone said the challenge has become an important part of today's baseball.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #7
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn
If they don't expand it they better take the whole challenge thing out of the game. It doesn't feel right to me, I mean, we can only challenge some plays at first base and it's automatically, we can't do it manually.

Do it right or don't do anything. I really like the game but as someone said the challenge has become an important part of today's baseball.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
oh i know, i wish they would expand it as well, but it is what Ramone keeps saying during the pre-release streams.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:30 AM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

As a simulation, they pretty much have to expand it at this point. MLB has changed in a big way because of the challenge system, and a true sim needs to reflect that or it just doesn't feel like we're playing the modern game as we know it today.

Last edited by jeffy777; 08-18-2017 at 09:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »