Home

Is it time MLBTS to make major upgrades to Franchise?

This is a discussion on Is it time MLBTS to make major upgrades to Franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #65
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is it time MLBTS to make major upgrades to Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
There needs to be substantial work to the contract system. Players contracts are based on potential, overall, position and age. Stats are not taken into account and you do not see bidding wars. There is not a huge differentiation in contracts except the superstars then everyone else falls in 5 to 8 million range.

Players at times make more in arbitration than they do in free agency, which makes no sense.

There needs to be progressive injuries where an arm injury will impact velocity, leg injuries speed.

August waiver trades should allow for claims to be made and allow for negotiations for claiming team.

Minor league stats should be tracked and kept. Stats should show splits for teams if traded mid season.

Budget system needs a tweak. I really did not like this year.

A posting system and international free agency would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Well said, this is the type of stuff, that needs more effort put forth. They have gotten a pass on alot of this stuff, because they always put out a solid game each yr, with minimum issues, compared to other sports titles thru the years, like Madden and NBA2k, so I know I overlooked some of this stuff, as I think many have. They still out out a solid game each yr, but me personally I just cant give them a pass any longer, in some of these areas. I think seeing NBA2k devs the last couple yrs, stepping their effort up in MyLeague, has opened my eyes on whats not advancing in the Show. Typically Ive always been a hard critic when it comes to NBA2k, while always giving The Show the benefit of doubt, but I just cant do that any longer. I love playing MLBTS each yr, but it just seems its not progressing much yearly in the only mode I care about which is franchise.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #66
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Everyone keeps saying that the developer's don't read or pay attention to these kind of threads or have better things to do. I think they might want to. I'm seeing guys who have been playing this series for years & we all have some gripes. Small or big. Might be willing to pass on making a first day purchase base on the enhancing their franchise mode.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #67
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Everyone keeps saying that the developer's don't read or pay attention to these kind of threads or have better things to do. I think they might want to. I'm seeing guys who have been playing this series for years & we all have some gripes. Small or big. Might be willing to pass on making a first day purchase base on the enhancing their franchise mode.
I just think they are trying to corral posters into submitting information to them in a format they don't have to work as hard to decipher. Wishlist threads get so long, with many repeats along with some, frankly, bad posts and plain ranting. They don't want to use their manpower to spend time sorting it out. I don't blame them, but how about hiring an intern to do it? Seems pretty obvious to me that they easily could--and some devs actually do--sift through the debris on this site. Especially around release time, there might be 3 or 4 devs (or "purples") on here at once checking the temperature of the site and looking at various feedback. Ramone himself is here a lot when it's time to hype up a new game and answer questions.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I just think they are trying to corral posters into submitting information to them in a format they don't have to work as hard to decipher. Wishlist threads get so long, with many repeats along with some, frankly, bad posts and plain ranting. They don't want to use their manpower to spend time sorting it out. I don't blame them, but how about hiring an intern to do it? Seems pretty obvious to me that they easily could--and some devs actually do--sift through the debris on this site. Especially around release time, there might be 3 or 4 devs (or "purples") on here at once checking the temperature of the site and looking at various feedback. Ramone himself is here a lot when it's time to hype up a new game and answer questions.
yeah seems silly to invite emails. If they think there are repeats in wishlist thread, imagine if no one is seeing what others are talking about and all sending individual emails. And in a wishlist thread you can see folks seconding and thirding the ideas of others so it's easier to gauge enthusiasm
Old 09-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #69
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Is it time MLBTS to make major upgrades to Franchise?

I think the reason they don't "read" wishlist threads is because they have a plan in place for what they want to accomplish for the next installment of the game. This is why I believe you see them putting out their own wishlist threads asking for feedback in certain areas of the game.

It's not that they don't value the feedback of the community but rather they don't want to read thru ideas that aren't in their immediate plans.

Besides I think at this point they are well aware of the community requests.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 09-12-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #70
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Something I would like to see, if possible would be, being able to add create players into your ongoing franchise. This is something that NBA2k has added for 18, hoping its not glitched filled, typcially with them, there is always that risk they will screw something like that up,lol. If MLBTS could figure out a way for us, to add and create new players within our franchise, that would be a nice addition. I know some have asked for this for a few years now, and Im sure its probably not the easiest thing to do, but would be a nice feature if its possible for the devs.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #71
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Something I would like to see, if possible would be, being able to add create players into your ongoing franchise. This is something that NBA2k has added for 18, hoping its not glitched filled, typcially with them, there is always that risk they will screw something like that up,lol. If MLBTS could figure out a way for us, to add and create new players within our franchise, that would be a nice addition. I know some have asked for this for a few years now, and Im sure its probably not the easiest thing to do, but would be a nice feature if its possible for the devs.

How is this different than taking a fake player in an existing franchise and just editing them to be whomever you want?

I add in drafted players and international prospects into my existing franchise as I go along.

Not trying to be a wise guy or anything, it's a genuine question.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 09:09 AM   #72
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
How is this different than taking a fake player in an existing franchise and just editing them to be whomever you want?

I add in drafted players and international prospects into my existing franchise as I go along.

Not trying to be a wise guy or anything, it's a genuine question.

I'm thinking he means importing SCEA created players into an existing franchise, and I would love to see that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »