Home

Rocket Bunts (again)

This is a discussion on Rocket Bunts (again) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rocket Bunts (again)

Just want to know, if there has been any fixes?

Or work arounds...outside of editing everyone's bunt rating?.

Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Rocket Bunts (again)

It’s not a fix right? I mean, they did that on purpose right?

You don’t care where I sent this from

- Rick Wise
Old 09-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yes, they did do it on purpose.

I hope that in future installments of this game, they find another way to address bunt cheese that is more true to life than not.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yes, they did do it on purpose.

I hope that in future installments of this game, they find another way to address bunt cheese that is more true to life than not.
Really, the did this on purpose? If thats the case, that sucks, and I just lost a lot of respect for them if this was done on purpose, especially if they did it do to the online crybabies.
If thats the case, then they better make a slider for bunts, so it dont screw us offline franchise guys for 18.
Actually for a few years now, people have asked for a bunt slider, so hopefully for 18, this is done if they can find a better way to fix it, so offline franchise players dont get the short end of the stick. Its the 1 thing I always loved about MLBTS, they were 1st and foremost about franchise players, but Im starting to see a change in the wya they do things, and not a good change either. I hope this is just a down yr, as it does happen on ocassion, although its been rare for MLBTS to have a yr like that, and why Ive always been a supporter of them. Hopefully 18 is a change for the better, as last time Ive been probably this disappointed was with MLBTS10, and seeing RP's with 120 appearances.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #5
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Really, the did this on purpose? If thats the case, that sucks, and I just lost a lot of respect for them if this was done on purpose, especially if they did it do to the online crybabies.
If thats the case, then they better make a slider for bunts, so it dont screw us offline franchise guys for 18.
Actually for a few years now, people have asked for a bunt slider, so hopefully for 18, this is done if they can find a better way to fix it, so offline franchise players dont get the short end of the stick. Its the 1 thing I always loved about MLBTS, they were 1st and foremost about franchise players, but Im starting to see a change in the wya they do things, and not a good change either. I hope this is just a down yr, as it does happen on ocassion, although its been rare for MLBTS to have a yr like that, and why Ive always been a supporter of them. Hopefully 18 is a change for the better, as last time Ive been probably this disappointed was with MLBTS10, and seeing RP's with 120 appearances.
its not just them, its the same across all sports titles now. Online portion of the game is Priority number 1, everything else is secondary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
its not just them, its the same across all sports titles now. Online portion of the game is Priority number 1, everything else is secondary.
It does seem that way unfortunately, alhtough I have to hand it to NBA2k, the last couple years they have put more effort into MyLeague. It sounds like they have also added more sliders, for us offline guys, so hopefully were not impacted as badly by the online gameplay. But I know Madden has screwed us dynasty guys, by not putting much focus in Dynasty mode, and why I quit buying that game each yr, actually I havent bought Madden is 5 to 6 yrs now. I hope MLBTS devs dont start to screwing us offline franchise guys each yr.

They have always been good thru the yrs about going right by franchise guys, but it seems the last couple yrs, their hasnt been much focus on franchise sadly. I hope this isnt the start of things to come for MLBTS, otherwise Im going to have to jump ship and go OOTP route for my baseball fix, even though I still love actually playing and having my play impact my record, rather than just my managing and GM skills impacting my teams record like with OOTP.
Hopefully thats not the case, and 18 the focus will be put more on franchise gameplay. NBA2k had a stretch where there wasnt much effort put into the Association, but the last couple yrs, they have went back to putting effort in that mode. So Im hoping the cycle for MLBTS changes and we start seeing more effort and focus for franchise gameplay.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #7
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Maybe they need to add an entire hitting mechanic for bunting that requires user skill combined with the rating for that player to pull it off. Maybe slow-mo the pitch down as it comes in, zoom the camera to the bat and use an entirely physics based contact system based on what part of the bat and the angle your bat is positioned at to determine the success of the bunt.

That's a random thought that people would probably hate but something directly influenced by a greater amount of user skill than just a regular bat swing is needed imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »