Home

is rtts comeback code code still a thing in '17?

This is a discussion on is rtts comeback code code still a thing in '17? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 12:04 AM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: is rtts comeback code code still a thing in '17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred
I dont really see what's confusing about it, for a real baseball fan. When you give up the runs really is irrelevant. I don't care about that. It does seem to happen an inordinate amount of times when you're leading, which is why people call it 'comeback code' but in the strictest of baseball terms, that doesn't matter, you dont know when the runs are going to come. You play 162 games and the cream rises to the top. If you're giving up a run more per game when you play as opposed to not, and it's out of your control, that means the sim engine used in RTTS PLAYED games is screwed. Simple as that. I don't care about losing leads, I understand the stats and what they mean over the course of a long season, blowing 1 or 5 wins doesnt bother me.

And like I said, I can reproduce this as many times as I want. I can sim a season 10 times, and then play it, and Ill give up a run more per game in the season I played, on average. What are you confused about?

Can we just lock the thread now???

First we are complaining about comeback AI. Now we don't care about blowing leads late in the game and we are complaining about the sim logic of RTTS and giving up 1 more earned run when playing a game vs when we sim the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-13-2017, 12:05 AM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Yes... There's comeback logic, albeit to a much more obvious degree on higher difficulty levels.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I knew you'd show up.

He's not talking about comeback logic anymore. Now we are discussing the sim engine in RTTS being out of whack. At least I think we're still talking about that.

We may be moving on to something else here shortly.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:07 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Can we just lock the thread now???

First we are complaining about comeback AI. Now we don't care about blowing leads late in the game and we are complaining about the sim logic of RTTS and giving up 1 more earned run when playing a game vs when we sim the game.

lol Wow dude you asked for logic and when you get it and it shuts you up you ask for the thread to be locked? Just lol, just bow out of the thread like a grown up or something?
Old 09-13-2017, 12:11 AM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
lol Wow dude you asked for logic and when you get it and it shuts you up you ask for the thread to be locked? Just lol, just bow out of the thread like a grown up or something?
What shut me up?

I'm trying to figure out what you're complaining about...

You started this thread asking about comeback code and when I questioned you on what happens to trigger it, you moved on to discussing giving up 1 ER more playing the games in RTTS vs simming them, which is a completely separate issue.

You even went as far to say that you don't care about losing leads because it happens and you understand the stats.

You're asking me to be a grown up while you're insulting me while changing the subject of your argument? Really?

Question, are we still talking about whether comeback code exists in the game? And by comeback code I'm referring to the idea that you are leading the game until the later innings and then something "clicks" and no matter what you do, or how well you play, the CPU is going win the game?

Last edited by countryboy; 09-13-2017 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:16 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
I knew you'd show up.

He's not talking about comeback logic anymore. Now we are discussing the sim engine in RTTS being out of whack. At least I think we're still talking about that.

We may be moving on to something else here shortly.
Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand. You my friend belong in the latter category if you really cant understand my post. But then I think you understood it just fine, you just blew a fuse cause you know you have no basis for an argument. It happens bru, hang in there

Maybe Nomo will save you, but I think he'd have to concede to my point as well, he'd just be man enough to admit it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 12:20 AM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand. You my friend belong in the latter category if you really cant understand my post. But then I think you understood it just fine, you just blew a fuse cause you know you have no basis for an argument. It happens bru, hang in there

Maybe Nomo will save you, but I think he'd have to concede to my point as well, he'd just be man enough to admit it.
WTF?

I'm just trying to understand what you're actual issue is. I even asked a question at the end of my last post trying to verify that you're still inquiring whether comeback code exists in the game or if you're wanting to discuss the sim engine vs actual playing the game in RTTS mode. And again, instead of answering a question you choose to insult me.

You're right, I know nothing about baseball. I only played from T-Ball thru college, but have no idea about the concept of the game or anything about it.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:21 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
What shut me up?

I'm trying to figure out what you're complaining about...

You started this thread asking about comeback code and when I questioned you on what happens to trigger it, you moved on to discussing giving up 1 ER more playing the games in RTTS vs simming them, which is a completely separate issue.

You even went as far to say that you don't care about losing leads because it happens and you understand the stats.

You're asking me to be a grown up while you're insulting me while changing the subject of your argument? Really?

Question, are we still talking about whether comeback code exists in the game? And by comeback code I'm referring to the idea that you are leading the game until the later innings and then something "clicks" and no matter what you do, or how well you play, the CPU is going win the game?
Just lol, can you really quantify how they're a seperate issue? Giving up a run more per game and losing ballgames due to comeback AI late can't at all be directly correlated in a 162 game season? Ask a sabermatician if it matters. Does it matter? No sir, no it does not, a run is a run regardless of which inning it came in, they're all weighted the same, just like a green back.

So what are you on about?

And more importantly, why are you losing your **** over the fact that instead of talking about comeback code Im talking about how many runs my team gave up. My initial post is what it appears to be, but that is 'baseball feeling' and a bit based on conjecture. Im using one of the easiest and best quantifiers, earned runs, to establish a foundation for what I see happening on the field. Bro, that's what baseball is all about, using numbers to tell the story. But then, you're clearly with me on that, hence you're not confused or anything.

Last edited by wellred; 09-13-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:30 AM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Just lol, can you really quantify how they're a seperate issue? Giving up a run more per game and losing ballgames due to comeback AI late can't at all be directly correlated in a 162 game season? Ask a sabermatician if it matters. Does it matter? No sir, no it does not, a run is a run regardless of which inning it came in, they're all weighted the same, just like a green back.

So what are you on about?
What?

I told you my definition of comeback AI and how I view it, which is actually different than the issue of always giving up 1 more run per game when played vs when simming.

Comeback AI - referring to the idea that you are leading a game and then all the sudden something "clicks" and no matter what you do or how well you play, the CPU is going to win the ballgame.

You can give up an extra earned run while playing the game and still win the game. You can give up an extra earned run while playing the game and lose the game. But if that extra earned run was always causing you to lose the game, then that would be similar to comeback AI.

Question, is it possible for you to just provide a response to a post without the insults? Seriously man, its growing old.

If you're talking about comeback AI then we can discuss those instances in which you believe it to have happened and see if we can find a common occurrence in each of the games that triggers it to happen.

If you're talking about the extra earned run while playing a game vs simming, then we can see if others are experiencing the same issue. Hell, I'll be happy to run a test to see if I get the same type of results.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »