Home

MLB The Show 18 Cover Athlete is Aaron Judge in the US, Marcus Stroman in Canada

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Cover Athlete is Aaron Judge in the US, Marcus Stroman in Canada within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB The Show 18 Cover Athlete is Aaron Judge in the US, Marcus Stroman in Canada

Aaron Judge is probably the most marketable player right now. It makes alot of sense.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Was rooting for Justin Turner after he made the load screens/menus for MLB 17, but Judge makes sense; he's the hot new star.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #19
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 18 Cover Athlete is Aaron Judge in the US, Marcus Stroman in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Whats up with the Cubs avatar.....
Born and raised in Chicago, entire family lives in Canada
Cubs are my NL team and Jays my American
Old 11-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #20
Rookie

Would've rather had the guy who just hit .350, and won a World Series on the cover. At least Judge actually had cover worth numbers unlike the Puig.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:08 PM   #21
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Does SDS know something we don't? Most baseball fans think Altuve should be the MVP....
Yet Judge is on cover and there will be an "MVP Edition" release....

I am not saying he is on the cover BECAUSE he is (or is not) the MVP...he is simply the most marketable player right now (see HR Derby and all the hype that weekend).

But I feel like they released the Aaron Judge cover news early, made public appearance in conjunction with ESPN, and then releasing an MVP Edition with him on cover.

The votes were in before the playoffs, so someone "knows" who the MVP is already. I wonder if SDS got whiff of some of that info?

...also I know the "MVP Edition" is just the naming convention used for their different tiers, but still....

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 11-08-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #22
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Does SDS know something we don't? Most baseball fans think Altuve should be the MVP....
Yet Judge is on cover and there will be an "MVP Edition" release....

I am not saying he is on the cover BECAUSE he is (or is not) the MVP...he is simply the most marketable player right now (see HR Derby and all the hype that weekend).

But I feel like they released the Aaron Judge cover news early, made public appearance in conjunction with ESPN, and then releasing an MVP Edition with him on cover.

The votes were in before the playoffs, so someone "knows" who the MVP is already. I wonder if SDS got whiff of some of that info?

...also I know the "MVP Edition" is just the naming convention used for their different tiers, but still....
I think you are over-thinking it. Its a combination of marketing and cost. Judge was a guy they wanted to get for what he would bring in attention to the game, and they were able to afford his price, so there you go. Maybe Altuve wasn't interested, maybe he cost too much, or maybe there marketing team didn't believe Altuve would bring the same hype as Judge. Who knows!
Old 11-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #23
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I think you are over-thinking it. Its a combination of marketing and cost. Judge was a guy they wanted to get for what he would bring in attention to the game, and they were able to afford his price, so there you go. Maybe Altuve wasn't interested, maybe he cost too much, or maybe there marketing team didn't believe Altuve would bring the same hype as Judge. Who knows!

I have to imagine this is purely based on the fact that he’s a young power hitting Yankee. That’s like marketing gold for casuals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »