Home

Who here...

This is a discussion on Who here... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

OVR: 0
Who here...

Who here only plays one video game...THE SHOW? maybe once in a blue moon you will play something else on a friends system but you only own the show and perhaps you are at that age or point in life where you can only commit to one game and obviously you have chosen the show...

post if that is you and a bit about your lifestyle and which mode are you currently playing right now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Frostball's Arena

Re: Who here...

I Used to pretty much be that way but in the last few years have gotten into a lot of different games
Old 12-08-2017, 05:24 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

If I was only allowed one video game for the rest of my life, the Show would easily be my choice but thankfully I dont have to make that decision. However, if NCAA football was still around, that would be a very close second. The Show is the only game I fire up just about every day and if I combined all the time of other games I play, it would only be a fraction of the time I devote to the Show.
So, to sum it up, I can have my Brigitte Bardot and still enjoy an occasional Gina Lollobrigida too.

A Work in Progress
Old 12-09-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Ghoste's Arena

OVR: 4

I used to play a ton of games. Trophy hunted across a wide range of games. But yeah, now I basically only play The Show.

-ghoste
Old 12-09-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I’ve only played the show and ufc for about the last five years. REally only play the show now. Offline franchise and diamond dynasty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I would say each Show cycle I play on average......300 games from release to release.

This cycle is still going strong for me as I am on pace to playing 345-350 games on MLBTS 17.

I do mix in other sports games. Typically I take a 1 month No Show break maybe max 2 months out of the 12 in the release cycle.

I have 3 proper franchises going with the 2017 Yankees (entering Year 2 when 18 drops), The Quest For Donny Baseball 1987 Franchise Year 3 (starting games shortly before 18 drops) and The Matheny Manifesto A Cardinals Fantasy Draft Franchise In Year 2 and will be going into Year 3 on 18 as well.

In between those I played a 1996 Yankees Season replay (play one sim 5) and am currently doing the same with the 1989 Royals Season Replay. I also have a fictional Indians franchise I will carry over to 18.

So yeah......The Show is my absolute #1 game. But in between I mix in NBA 2K18 and Madden 16/18

Oh an The Witcher 3 is on now as well......played Horizon Zero Dawn as well.

How I find the time in addition to coaching Travel Baseball and work is beyond me.....But I somehow find time to game. Let’s just say, late nights, weekend 8-10 hours marathons etc etc etc.

And quick Manage was a god send this cycle. I love it. Being able to jump in for key moments when I sim games (I can’t play all 162 anymore.....just can’t with time constraints although I did play every pitch, every AB on my 2017 Yankees Franchise Year 1 getting knocked out in the ALDS in 5 games). I will now play 50-75 games in my franchises and quick manage the rest. It’s the only way to play all the amazing rosters (classic, fictional, current OSFM etc) and take it all in.

#ShowRules
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-10-2017, 01:13 PM   #7
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I used to be all over the Yearly releases for every sports game (Madden, NHL, NBA, The Show) but last year I only bought MLBTS ‘16. No Madden, NHL, or NBA 16. And it was the best decision ever. I played through 2 seasons all 162 and a full 17 year RTTS career playing every at bat. It was my funnest year with a game.

I planned on doing the same on 2017 only bought MLBTS 17 but once NBA 2K18 came out I was tired of the online flaws, hitting issues, RTTS documentary style and started to play NBA 2K18.

After about 2 months, until recently I played majority NBA but this past week or so I’ve found myself playing the show again.

I don’t know, I just love the show so much and was slightly disappointed with this year’s game. I’m hoping MLBTS 18 gets back to where they used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #8
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

It's the only game I play on PS4...Otherwise, I play PC games..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »