Home

I Hope The Show Brings the Emotion and Electricity!

This is a discussion on I Hope The Show Brings the Emotion and Electricity! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #9
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I Hope The Show Brings the Emotion and Electricity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
The problem is they can't get Matt to bring the same excitement he brings in the post season into the game. For NHL fans, its the same issue with Doc and NHL 15, 16, 17, and 18.

I was shocked watching Matt's postseason broadcasts and hearing the excitement/emotion he brought during home run calls.

Then you play the show and it's just to be blunt, not very good. It's the same recycled lines over and over again since God knows how long. I wish they just took commentary from real games and put it into the game. I watched some youtube highlights and someone hit a game winning home run and Matt was barely excited.

NOTHING kills immersion then lack of excitement like the above or seeing the same tired presentation of hitting a homerun and seeing the manager pumping his fist etc
That friggin' manager cutaway!!!! Every single time!!!!
Old 01-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #10
MVP

forme95's Arena

I know the game doesnt like to show negativity, but players argue ball and strikes. I know I have had games where I get strike 3 on a breaking pitch that hits just off the zone, or is a touch low out of the zone and etc. Pitchers who have thrown stike 3 on the corner and gets called a ball. It would be nice if you could hit (example) square after and it show the ump and player pointing and talking, and be a dice roll if it heats up to seeing the umpire throw his hand up annd eject the player. For that matter, it would be nice to see AI players in the game who have the tendency to jar a little to have the same type dice roll. Its not something I would want them to go crazy over like 5 ejections a game, but I think it would add some realism since you have a ejection toggle but have never have a ejection.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 01-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #11
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't think any sports video games really capture the big, emotional moments the way we really want them to. Raw human emotion is really hard to duplicate in a video game. Think about watching a WS game 7 on tv. Yes, it gets louder, but the stadium atmosphere is caused by real human emotion, excitement that you can see on peoples faces, and in body language. Same goes for shots of players, their faces and body language provide most of the emotion. This just seems like something that would be next to impossible to duplicate in video game form.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #12
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
The problem is they can't get Matt to bring the same excitement he brings in the post season into the game. For NHL fans, its the same issue with Doc and NHL 15, 16, 17, and 18.

I was shocked watching Matt's postseason broadcasts and hearing the excitement/emotion he brought during home run calls.

Then you play the show and it's just to be blunt, not very good. It's the same recycled lines over and over again since God knows how long. I wish they just took commentary from real games and put it into the game. I watched some youtube highlights and someone hit a game winning home run and Matt was barely excited.

NOTHING kills immersion then lack of excitement like the above or seeing the same tired presentation of hitting a homerun and seeing the manager pumping his fist etc
Me too when I hear him in the post season on tv I think wow is that really the same guy on MLB the show?

That is a moonshot folks a moonshot!!!
Old 01-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #13
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I know the game doesnt like to show negativity, but players argue ball and strikes. I know I have had games where I get strike 3 on a breaking pitch that hits just off the zone, or is a touch low out of the zone and etc. Pitchers who have thrown stike 3 on the corner and gets called a ball. It would be nice if you could hit (example) square after and it show the ump and player pointing and talking, and be a dice roll if it heats up to seeing the umpire throw his hand up annd eject the player. For that matter, it would be nice to see AI players in the game who have the tendency to jar a little to have the same type dice roll. Its not something I would want them to go crazy over like 5 ejections a game, but I think it would add some realism since you have a ejection toggle but have never have a ejection.
Just on the ejection think there is a option to turn it on or off BUT I have never ever had a player ejected how the hell do you get a player ejected in the game??? all I know is you can from throwing the ball at someones head about 5 times in a row.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #14
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Just on the ejection think there is a option to turn it on or off BUT I have never ever had a player ejected how the hell do you get a player ejected in the game??? all I know is you can from throwing the ball at someones head about 5 times in a row.
I've had ejections on for 4 years I've played the game and over 300 games a year and never ever seen or got ejected.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 01-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #15
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I've had ejections on for 4 years I've played the game and over 300 games a year and never ever seen or got ejected.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
You really need to want to get ejected. You have to throw at a player's head like three times in a row.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #16
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel

I’ve only been ejected when my batter is called out on a close play at first. He argues and gets tossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »