Home

Carrying over a Franchise

This is a discussion on Carrying over a Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 09:40 AM   #17
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Carrying over a Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
Thanks Countryboy, I was leaning towards saving it just before moving to the next season and with your tips that is what I am doing for sure. It's gonna be difficult since my postseason should be complete soon which leaves two months to wait.

Guess I'll dig into rtts a little to pass the time once my off season is complete. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
You can do what I did Willis and save a separate copy at the end of "end of off-season". So I went through all of the off season, and at the last day, I saved it to a separate file so I can carry it over, and am playing the other file just to see how far I can get till 18 comes out.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 01-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The whole process of downloading/adding them to the game is more than I want to mess with. I'm not computer savvy and don't understand what all is taking place.

Besides, I enjoy the game just fine without SOTS.

It’s a pain the the *** tbh. But Armor is right, it’s worth it. SO worth it. The stadium music makes a huge difference, walk up music I’m not so concerned with.

I do it slowly throughout the season, as I visit different stadiums. Obviously I do my own stadium and player audio at the beginning of the season. Then for a home series I input the visiting teams walk up music. Then for all away series I edit the other stadiums’ music.

That way I’m always hearing the full SOTS experience without having to do all teams at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #19
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
It’s a pain the the *** tbh. But Armor is right, it’s worth it. SO worth it. The stadium music makes a huge difference, walk up music I’m not so concerned with.

I do it slowly throughout the season, as I visit different stadiums. Obviously I do my own stadium and player audio at the beginning of the season. Then for a home series I input the visiting teams walk up music. Then for all away series I edit the other stadiums’ music.

That way I’m always hearing the full SOTS experience without having to do all teams at once.

I do this set up pretty much the same way. I also will after I play a game or two, will go into SOTS and edit a team, then I will go set the team and the players maybe the next time I am on, or if I have some time to kill but not enough time to gett a game in, things like that. It really isnt that time consuming or overhelming once you get use to it. Also, the instructions in SOTS thread, are very clear and easy to follow along.

Armor is correct. It is so worth the work. I ended up only doing the stadiums and player walk up and pitcher warm ups. I quit the cheers and jeers as for me, they kept overlapping each other and not playing correctly, so it lost its luster and realism for me. That said, I love the stadium music and sounds, and a player walking up with his music in the background as he is getting set is just motivating in my experience.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 01-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
You can do what I did Willis and save a separate copy at the end of "end of off-season". So I went through all of the off season, and at the last day, I saved it to a separate file so I can carry it over, and am playing the other file just to see how far I can get till 18 comes out.
I do this for each major point in the game (trade deadline, playoff eligibility, off season, preseason), not only for the show but for every sports game I play. I'm glad I did it for the Show this year as I didn't realize if I didn't sign the remaining draftees they'd disappear from the team's pool. I got midway through September when I realized this, went back to my August 30 "POE" save, and took care of business but simmed through alot of the September stretch (and that's how the O's won the east and eventually beat the Cubs in 7 games in the WS!). I know that sometimes we're limited in saves but once you're moving along with your next main period, you can always delete the older ones.

Also with the discussion around SOTS I may give this a try (never did before). Again, I can save two files and if I mess one up I go back to the original game.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream

I'm sure it would take the game to another level, but I'm good without using it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I love using my regional broadcast theme songs between innings mixed in with stadium between inning songs etc.

Walk up and cheers and jeers.....can’t live without them anymore. Immersion levels go through the roof with Sounds Of The Show.

total agreement. for anyone who finds emotion lacking in the Show,
using just walkups cheers and jeers will go a long way to atone for that.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-15-2018, 07:48 AM   #23
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am stunned at this revelation. Countryboy......I will implore you to dive into SOTS ASAP.

Get a flash drive go over to the SOTS thread and DL all the teams sounds. Start using that. Your immersion in this game will be mind blowing after you use SOTS. I can’t play this game any other way anymore.

And no they don’t carry over. We have to set up everything for each version. But the time spent doing it is well worth it.

I basically set up SOTS the first 2 weeks of release. I just use the previous years MP3 files so yeah I am a year behind.....but I don’t care. Plus I love using my regional broadcast theme songs between innings mixed in with stadium between inning songs etc.

Walk up and cheers and jeers.....can’t live without them anymore. Immersion levels go through the roof with Sounds Of The Show.
Do you do the walk ups or not? It’s a little confusing to me here.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #24
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I would like the carry over thing, if players who retired and are no longer in the game stop turning into generic players, I understand it is a licencing thing. but it really takes away the point of doing the carry over saves it be nice if we could export and import players into our franchise Then this issue and problem would be solved. the only current way is to spend hours on hours of time fixing all the players that turn generic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »