Home

Carrying over a Franchise

This is a discussion on Carrying over a Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #33
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Carrying over a Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
I've heard of the supposed trick of SCEA CAPs turning into the new SCEA models after you carry over, but I've never gotten it to work. That and the fact that players not in 18 will turn into generic players bug me. I'd almost rather just continue playing on 17 then carrying it over.
Agree here, I can't bring myself to carry over knowing so many players will turn into generics. Kind of kills it for me.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #34
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Agree here, I can't bring myself to carry over knowing so many players will turn into generics. Kind of kills it for me.
Me too like I said before though, if there was a simple import player option in franchise mode, that would take a second to important the likeness of a new SCEA CAP for 18 this would have me using this option to carry over every year.

or if they let us generate a different schedule in 18, so that you don't have players retiring on you with the carry over
Old 01-17-2018, 06:12 PM   #35
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I wouldnt completely give up on Wright being on the default roster, though I admit it doesnt look good and the chances are pretty slim.
in 16 Cliff Lee was in the game despite missing all of 2015
and in 17 Jordan Walden was in after having missed all of 2016
heck even the Blue Jays Chris Smith and Marlins Jarlin Garcia were in despite never appearing in even 1 MLB game
the Braves Ronnie Mustelier, Giants Clayton Blackburn and Reds Shawn Zarraga were on the default roster
and they still havent made their big league debut.
A-Rod also missed an entire year from suspension but was in the game one year

but then someone like Mike Minor missed a year and wasn't in the game one year, so I don't know what the consistently is of this, perhaps if a player has Tommy John in August of 2016 and missed all of 2017. then he wouldn't be in the game. but if he had Tommy John in March. then maybe he would be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #36
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
A-Rod also missed an entire year from suspension but was in the game one year

but then someone like Mike Minor missed a year and wasn't in the game one year, so I don't know what the consistently is of this, perhaps if a player has Tommy John in August of 2016 and missed all of 2017. then he wouldn't be in the game. but if he had Tommy John in March. then maybe he would be.
Arod was on the restricted list and still accumulated service time. Mike Minor spent 2 years on the Major League DL for the Braves and Royals and accumulated service time. Mike Minor has always been in the game. Kris Medlen is the player you are referring to here I think.

Usually if a player spends the entire season on the Major League DL he is usually in the game the following year.

If a player spends an entire season in the minors and never gets called up he loses his MLBPA status and isn't in the game the following year. Same goes for guys that retire and in some cases those who go overseas or head to Indy ball.

As for guys like Mustelier, Blackburn, and Zarraga they were September call ups, but never got into any games, but were in MLB 17 (same with Eddie Gamboa in MLB 16). This happens because they still turn in their MLBPA paperwork and become part of the union. People don't realize this, but players can join the MLBPA without pitching in a game or taking an official at bat.

Zarraga has 0.003 days of service.

SCEA actually messed up on Clayton Blackburn's service time. They have it at 0.004 and should be 0.007

Basically if you go to the minors (excluding a rehab assignment) and never come back up you are no longer part of the MLBPA. This is why you see some guys in each year and other's left out.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:26 PM   #37
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Arod was on the restricted list and still accumulated service time. Mike Minor spent 2 years on the Major League DL for the Braves and Royals and accumulated service time. Mike Minor has always been in the game. Kris Medlen is the player you are referring to here I think.

Usually if a player spends the entire season on the Major League DL he is usually in the game the following year.

If a player spends an entire season in the minors and never gets called up he loses his MLBPA status and isn't in the game the following year. Same goes for guys that retire and in some cases those who go overseas or head to Indy ball.

As for guys like Mustelier, Blackburn, and Zarraga they were September call ups, but never got into any games, but were in MLB 17 (same with Eddie Gamboa in MLB 16). This happens because they still turn in their MLBPA paperwork and become part of the union. People don't realize this, but players can join the MLBPA without pitching in a game or taking an official at bat.

Zarraga has 0.003 days of service.

SCEA actually messed up on Clayton Blackburn's service time. They have it at 0.004 and should be 0.007

Basically if you go to the minors (excluding a rehab assignment) and never come back up you are no longer part of the MLBPA. This is why you see some guys in each year and other's left out.
thanks that is who I meant Kris Medlen maybe Beachey was the other one. I know was a group of those 3 players that went missing out of the game.

There was also a year there they forgot to add Schoope in the game, there is always someone that is missing for some reason or other. it happens every year

as for Wheeler I know he was rehabing on 2016?? I am not sure if he played in a minor league game though to explain why he wasn't in the game last year

Last edited by ninertravel; 01-17-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:33 PM   #38
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

The Mets took Wheeler off the DL in 2016 (late in the season) and he made 1 appearance in the Minors and never got up to play in a Major League game.

In both Beachy and Medlen's case they came off the DL during September Call ups, but never got into a game and were released in the off season. That is why they lost their status.

You lose MLBPA status if you come off the DL and go to the minors or not making a big league appearance afterwards.

MLB/MLBPA rules are different from other leagues that is for sure.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 01-17-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #39
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

well someone like Nathan Eovaldi will be interested to see if he will be in the game then. he missed all of last year and was on the DL for half of 2016.

so by that he won't be in the game then he played in no minor league game last year at all from what I see. but was on the DL in 2016 but changed from yankees to the Rays this year
Old 01-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #40
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
well someone like Nathan Eovaldi will be interested to see if he will be in the game then. he missed all of last year and was on the DL for half of 2016.

so by that he won't be in the game then he played in no minor league game last year at all from what I see. but was on the DL in 2016 but changed from yankees to the Rays this year
He spent the entire season on the major league DL I believe. He accumulated 1.000 year of service time and wasn't activated from the DL until Novemebver 2. He should be in MLB 18, but he did go to Durham for a rehab assignment. that would make him 50/50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »