Home

Carrying over a Franchise

This is a discussion on Carrying over a Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2018, 05:27 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Carrying over a Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
I've heard of the supposed trick of SCEA CAPs turning into the new SCEA models after you carry over, but I've never gotten it to work. That and the fact that players not in 18 will turn into generic players bug me. I'd almost rather just continue playing on 17 then carrying it over.

Ok so I’m not making that up. I’ve read about it but I guess it’s a rumour?

It took me about 3 innings of carrying over my Pirates franchise from 16 to 17 before I decided to ditch it and start a new one.

I think I might just wait until next July-August to buy 2018, when all the good rosters are out and I’ve had time to finish my current franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 05:01 AM   #42
Rookie

Ok I’ve read through this thread again and I am still wondering exactly how it will work.

I am still in 2017 with one of my franchises. I know I can do all the off season stuff and then carry over right before spring training as “countryboy” suggested. Doing it that way will get me the 2018 schedule with dates lining up with contracts, etc.

But what is the earliest point that I can carry over? Can I carry over BEFORE the retirement screen at the end of the 2017 season? That way I can take advantage of the new retirement login in 2018? If I do that (and do all the off-season stuff on 2018) will I still be starting my season at the beginning of 2018? Does that make sense?

Also... do CAPs from 2017 have their names and faces changed when I carry over? Or is that just for MLBPA players who are not in 2018?

Old 03-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
Ok I’ve read through this thread again and I am still wondering exactly how it will work.

I am still in 2017 with one of my franchises. I know I can do all the off season stuff and then carry over right before spring training as “countryboy” suggested. Doing it that way will get me the 2018 schedule with dates lining up with contracts, etc.

But what is the earliest point that I can carry over? Can I carry over BEFORE the retirement screen at the end of the 2017 season? That way I can take advantage of the new retirement login in 2018? If I do that (and do all the off-season stuff on 2018) will I still be starting my season at the beginning of 2018? Does that make sense?

Also... do CAPs from 2017 have their names and faces changed when I carry over? Or is that just for MLBPA players who are not in 2018?

You can carry over at any point of the season/franchise. If you carryover prior to the retirement screen, then when you advance to Spring Training and then the regular season, you should get the 2018 schedule.

CAPS do carryover their names and faces. Based on changes to CAP, there may be a slight variation to skin color. When I went from '16 to '17, some of my players had a more red color to them than they did previously. Took a few minutes to adjust skin tone back to more appropriate color.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You can carry over at any point of the season/franchise. If you carryover prior to the retirement screen, then when you advance to Spring Training and then the regular season, you should get the 2018 schedule.

CAPS do carryover their names and faces. Based on changes to CAP, there may be a slight variation to skin color. When I went from '16 to '17, some of my players had a more red color to them than they did previously. Took a few minutes to adjust skin tone back to more appropriate color.

Thanks, hope your right. That would be cool if I got to take advantage of all the new off-season flash and also keep the time line and stats and contracts online with the 2018 calendar.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
Thanks, hope your right. That would be cool if I got to take advantage of all the new off-season flash and also keep the time line and stats and contracts online with the 2018 calendar.

In my experience you should be able to.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »