Home

Playoff Eligibility (MLB 17 Franchise)

This is a discussion on Playoff Eligibility (MLB 17 Franchise) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Playoff Eligibility (MLB 17 Franchise)

I'm in my second year of Franchise mode with the Yankees and just reached the playoffs and wanted to use Chance Adams out of the bullpen for the playoffs. He had made about 15 starts for me throughout the season filling in for injured pitchers and was pretty good, so I figured I'd use him out of the 'pen in September. Turned out I dominated with him every time I used him that final month so I was excited to have him as an extra weapon out of the bullpen in October.

The playoffs start and the game says he is ineligible for the playoff roster because he wasn't on the MLB roster on September 1! What kind of silliness is this? He was on the 40-man roster all season long and should be eligible for the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Playoff Eligibility (MLB 17 Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I'm in my second year of Franchise mode with the Yankees and just reached the playoffs and wanted to use Chance Adams out of the bullpen for the playoffs. He had made about 15 starts for me throughout the season filling in for injured pitchers and was pretty good, so I figured I'd use him out of the 'pen in September. Turned out I dominated with him every time I used him that final month so I was excited to have him as an extra weapon out of the bullpen in October.

The playoffs start and the game says he is ineligible for the playoff roster because he wasn't on the MLB roster on September 1! What kind of silliness is this? He was on the 40-man roster all season long and should be eligible for the playoffs.
MLB 17 still does not use the current MLB rules for playoff eligibility. In the game your players need to be on the 25 man roster or on the DL to be eligible.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Unfortunately, this has been an issue for awhile now. There is a workaround for it though. Play your Aug. 31 game, then manually sim your AAA & AA games. After you've simmed those games, call up anyone on your 40 man that you think you might want to use in the playoffs. After you do that, sim to the next day and send all those players back to the minors and they will be playoff eligible. The only draw back is if a player is out of options he will have to pass through waivers again before going back down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #4
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Wow, wasn't that rule changed in like 2015? Strange The Show still goes by the old rule. Are the devs aware of this issue?

I hope it is fixed for 18. In fact, I hope they give some more love to Franchise mode in 18. It seems Franchise mode has been basically the same for years now with just slight additions made every year.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Wow, wasn't that rule changed in like 2015? Strange The Show still goes by the old rule. Are the devs aware of this issue?

I hope it is fixed for 18. In fact, I hope they give some more love to Franchise mode in 18. It seems Franchise mode has been basically the same for years now with just slight additions made every year.
The devs have been made aware.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #6
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

It's very annoying and something that really needs fixed. At least there is a workaround, I guess. I'm with you on franchise improvements. Honestly, some of the ones they made last year, i.e. budgets, made franchise worse in my opinion. For the 1st time since I bought my PS3 in 07 for The Show I'm debating on even buying 18. Probably won't unless something good is done to franchise.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »