Home

Rosters Could be very very interesting this year

This is a discussion on Rosters Could be very very interesting this year within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2018, 09:47 AM   #33
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Rosters Could be very very interesting this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
remind me again how do you do the trick?? I know I read years ago how to do it but but can't remember, it's better for consistency to do this I think
Start a Franchise and select 'yes' for Fantasy Draft. When you get to the draft screen, just cancel it and your Franchise will start with players' in-game faces as their portrait.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #34
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Start a Franchise and select 'yes' for Fantasy Draft. When you get to the draft screen, just cancel it and your Franchise will start with players' in-game faces as their portrait.
Thanks I think this is what we have to do this year, I am pretty sure the cut off date for player portraits in the start of February seeing we have about 100 free agents still not signed I can't see it happening now.

if this continues though. I wonder if the free agents list in rosters is going to be too full and a lot of players won't be in the game because of the limit.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:32 PM   #35
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Thanks I think this is what we have to do this year, I am pretty sure the cut off date for player portraits in the start of February seeing we have about 100 free agents still not signed I can't see it happening now.

if this continues though. I wonder if the free agents list in rosters is going to be too full and a lot of players won't be in the game because of the limit.
Yea that could really suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

I’m very worried about this being the case this year. There’s already missing players each year that should be in the game. Please make sure all players are included this year. I’d do away with the legend list to make sure we get all real players that are still free agents.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #37
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

yeah I don't care for the legends list either.

what is the currently free agents limit now?

because if there is over 100 free agents not signed now. then all the teams are gonna have fake players,which would usually be taken up by these players and there is no room to add more free agents if it's the same as 17

unless we have expanded rosters I can see a lot of players missing to counter that
Old 02-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #38
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

because if there is over 100 free agents not signed now. then all the teams are gonna have fake players,which would usually be taken up by these players and there is no room to add more free agents if it's the same as 17

unless we have expanded rosters I can see a lot of players missing to counter that
They players that have gone overseas to the KBO or NBP and into the Indy league will be the players that will most likely be missing.

Examples being Tanner Scheppers, Adonis Garcia, Tim Adleman, Hyun-soo Kim, Tyler Wilson, Jared Hoying, and Dillon Gee to name a few. This allows for more FA spots.

Also all of these players are already going to be missing in the default roster.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-mlb-18-a.html

EDIT: Wouldn't be surprised if they added more FA slots or another FA list in 18.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 02-04-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:22 AM   #39
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
They players that have gone overseas to the KBO or NBP and into the Indy league will be the players that will most likely be missing.

Examples being Tanner Scheppers, Adonis Garcia, Tim Adleman, Hyun-soo Kim, Tyler Wilson, Jared Hoying, and Dillon Gee to name a few. This allows for more FA spots.

Also all of these players are already going to be missing in the default roster.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-mlb-18-a.html

EDIT: Wouldn't be surprised if they added more FA slots or another FA list in 18.
Love it when you do that list every year it's handy!

I would love if they added more free agents slots but I don't know if they predicted that this would happen. who knows we may get a surprise next week and we have expanded rosters but I doubt it but hoping!
Old 02-05-2018, 12:41 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Do they usually put out a roster update on launch day? I think we'll start seeing guys get signed soon so hopefully the free agents will thin out and we'll get an updated roster. Spring Training is right around the corner so it's either take the best offer or wait for someone on a contender to get injured

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »