Home

MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Trailer Coming February 5th

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Trailer Coming February 5th within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #33
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Trailer Coming February 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
The other guy sayin' it's like higher res PS3 graphics is not accurate to say the least.. but what he said about uniform cloth physics is something your development team should consider.

Maybe you have considered it. Maybe it's too much of a change to introduce into the current code structure.. Maybe it'd impact the framerate too much..
That's all I was saying, that the cloth physics on the players hasn't really been upgraded since the ps3. Not that the entire game hasn't been upgraded. Maybe I should have worded my first couple sentences differently, because the rest of the game looks phenomenal, but the dated cloth physics hold the game's overall look back in my opinion, since the players are the focus. Like I said, it's the only thing thats holding the game back graphically from being on par with its previous glory graphics wise.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #34
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
The other guy sayin' it's like higher res PS3 graphics is not accurate to say the least.. but what he said about uniform cloth physics is something your development team should consider.

Maybe you have considered it. Maybe it's too much of a change to introduce into the current code structure.. Maybe it'd impact the framerate too much..

Those are all good maybes, but cloth physics and its place on the priority list aside...Here's a little video about MLB14:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wD9xShEx4g
Old 02-01-2018, 10:10 PM   #35
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
That's all I was saying, that the cloth physics on the players hasn't really been upgraded since the ps3. Not that the entire game hasn't been upgraded. Maybe I should have worded my first couple sentences differently, because the rest of the game looks phenomenal, but the dated cloth physics hold the game's overall look back in my opinion, since the players are the focus. Like I said, it's the only thing thats holding the game back graphically from being on par with its previous glory graphics wise.

"Other than better faces and more varied body types, not much else has improved graphically since the PS3 days."

Ah, that was confusing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 10:25 PM   #36
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
"Other than better faces and more varied body types, not much else has improved graphically since the PS3 days."

Ah, that was confusing.
I meant to say that was referring to the player models, but for some reason didn't specify. The rest of the game looks amazing. The stadiums, lighting, the physically based rendering make the game beautiful. The players are the only thing I think could still use improvement.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #37
Rookie

Cory4AU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Those are all good maybes, but cloth physics and its place on the priority list aside...Here's a little video about MLB14:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wD9xShEx4g
I think you're just proving that guy's point with this video.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #38
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory4AU
I think you're just proving that guy's point with this video.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Which guy and which point?
Old 02-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3
I am not worried about the look as much as many..happy enough with it. I want liners up the middle to NOT bounce off the pitcher for an out game after game... for catchers, pitchers and 3rd basemen NOT make play after play on a dribbler- every once in a while throw it away..eat the ball. *I would also love to see some big gun. outfielders throw someone out at second as they stretch a single into 2... *of course AI pitcher logic needs to be worked on a bit, especially the use of the relievers and innings for starters... *but don't get me wrong..with 35 games to go in my season before playoffs, this is the ONLY game I continue to play for a solid year every year...hands down keeps me involved more than Madden has the ability to...now when NCAA Football comes back...all bets are off! *Seriously, I for one enjoy the hell out of The Show and it's the only reason why I added a PS4 2 years ago to my xbox set up.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:19 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:

I agree, the cloth animations could use some attention to make the game have a big jump graphically. Last year the face scans blew me away and finally looked "next gen" to me. I'm hoping the cloth physics can do the same.

I'd be curious to see where the graphics would be if they concentrated their resources on player models at the initial release of the PS4 instead of focusing what seems like most of their attention on the stadiums.

Luckily I'm not a huge nitpicker on graphics, I just wanted to back the guy who recommended better cloth physics, seemed like he was getting a little heat from the developer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »