Home

MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Trailer and More Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Trailer and More Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2018, 09:20 PM   #73
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Trailer and More Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I think they are referring to momentum. Certain throws give the appearance that it is not a factor even though momentum is a factor in the equation.
Yea, momentum is the word.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14

Serious question here.. What specifically do you want to be changed about the player models?
Give us real scaled player bodies, or customization beyond two or three body types. For one.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #75
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
What does that phrase even mean? They're animations created from real people performing the movements in real life (mocap). How do they not have weight?

Trying to understand what some folks find fault in year in and year out that I don't.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
It means rigging motion cap data from a weighted human being to a weightless computer model in a video game isn't perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I think they are referring to momentum. Certain throws give the appearance that it is not a factor even though momentum is a factor in the equation.
Fair enough. I think there are some game balance issues that go into how fast throws appear to go (like, there might be too many OF assists or runners thrown out from SS hole grounders if throws were real life MLB speeds) and that it's probably done on purpose. But at least I kind of understand where people are coming from now.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #77
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Not sure exactly where to put this since there was an explosion of different threads today (probably didn't need like 7 or 8 threads for the info drop today...), but I'll have to be honest in that I really didn't perceive that much brand new/different in the 2 minute trailer, the 22 min IGN video, or the 18 min Gamespot video. Factually, I'm sure that I am wrong. Plenty of people noticed a Nike this or that, new legends, a logo on the pants, maybe a new animation, updated scorebug, or a helmet face guard, but I felt like I was basically watching MLB 17 for the most part. For the most part, the players and the gameplay looked the same (didn't see enough tagging to see that the tagging engine is all new, didn't see that much new emoting although Ramone tried to point it out in the IGN video a lot). Visually, I'm not sure how much paint they can add to the build they showed us, but here's to hoping they "crack the code" a few times with coloring, lighting, textures before launch. It's not a bad looking game as is, but it just doesn't look much different to me. They're re-doing skin tones for something like the 3rd year in a row, so maybe there's potential there?
Old 02-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I think they'll be able to hit the new tagging system with the stream on Thursday. We'll get to see all those fancy dev widgets in action again and I'm sure they'll set up some tag scenarios to show it off. That is the gameplay stream after all.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #79
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

please make analog pitching harder
Old 02-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #80
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

I love 90% of this. But. The red uniforms still look off to me.. Nats, Angels, and Cards all looked too dark. DBacks were closer to correct because they use a darker shade of red, but still too close to maroon. Ugh. Why is this so difficult?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »