Home

MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Trailer and More Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Trailer and More Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2018, 07:38 PM   #65
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Trailer and More Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
Excited about Babe Ruth and all, but I'm bugged by his player model, because it's just a skinned player model they've been using for many many years now. Specifically, the hand. I think that hand has been used for years. It looks so unnatural and as if it's a freely hanging on the wrist joint with the fingers curled under and the index finger slightly bent.. for goodness sake, change the dang player models already.

Serious question here.. What specifically do you want to be changed about the player models?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 07:40 PM   #66
Rookie

Neith's Arena

Trailer did not wow me. Models look okay IDK. It all looks very much the same. We'll have to see how it looks in person.

To be honest even I am getting tired of looking at the grass lol. I mean it looks better, but still retains way too much of that terrible shading they have been using for like a decade lol. Why do they insist on the game looking this way? That black shading to the pale grass just does not look right to me at all, and the colors are still way off.

I don't know what to think. This game needs a big overhaul in too many areas. That trailer was all yay homeruns and stuff.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #67
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14

Serious question here.. What specifically do you want to be changed about the player models?
I don't exactly know. There's something about either the models or animations of the models that still looks pasted together and not very natural, and they seem to not be fundamentally different than they were several years ago. It's hard to describe really but it's a feeling I've gotten since I started playing on PS4. It's like I'm playing a PS3 game that's prettier or something.

You don’t care where I sent this from

- Rick Wise
Old 02-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
I don't exactly know. There's something about either the models or animations of the models that still looks pasted together and not very natural, and they seem to not be fundamentally different than they were several years ago. It's hard to describe really but it's a feeling I've gotten since I started playing on PS4. It's like I'm playing a PS3 game that's prettier or something.

You don’t care where I sent this from
It's definitely the animations. You are spot on that they are not natural and pasted. Its been that way since the first game on PS3 with no improvement so I doubt it will ever change until there is a changing of the guard.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #69
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiphof2018
It's definitely the animations. You are spot on that they are not natural and pasted...
Like there's no weight to the animations?
Old 02-05-2018, 09:02 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
What does that phrase even mean? They're animations created from real people performing the movements in real life (mocap). How do they not have weight?

Trying to understand what some folks find fault in year in and year out that I don't.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
They just done move right, especially at the plate. A great example of how off batter movements are in this video is Goldy, Peralta and Didi. If you watch them in game vs in real life the load and strides arent even close. Goldy has a leg lift in the show, where did they even come up with that since hes never had one. If the guy in the mo-cap suit cant imitate players motions any better than we have gotten over the last 10 years then they need someone new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #72
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
What does that phrase even mean? They're animations created from real people performing the movements in real life (mocap). How do they not have weight?

Trying to understand what some folks find fault in year in and year out that I don't.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
I think they are referring to momentum. Certain throws give the appearance that it is not a factor even though momentum is a factor in the equation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »