Home

MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Video - New Features (Astros vs. Yankees)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Gameplay Video - New Features (Astros vs. Yankees) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #33
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gamespot:First Look Gameplay And New Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
So, fun fact here. Last year's MLBN scorebug was a dead ringer for the actual one in 2016 aside from having a graphical B/S count instead of numbers.... BEFORE they completely revamped it for the '17 season. So, there's no guarantee MLBN won't come up with a new one again here in '18, and we'll have an "outdated" one once again. Not a whole lot Sony SD can do about that.

Yep that's a real possibility.

Not sure why the MLB Network can't just give Sony a heads up on any changes they may have made though for the upcoming season?
Old 02-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #34
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
So, fun fact here. Last year's MLBN scorebug was a dead ringer for the actual one in 2016 aside from having a graphical B/S count instead of numbers.... BEFORE they completely revamped it for the '17 season. So, there's no guarantee MLBN won't come up with a new one again here in '18, and we'll have an "outdated" one once again. Not a whole lot Sony SD can do about that.

Here is MLB Network 2017 game presentation.

And the batter coming to the plate overlays in fact do have the batters fielding Position on them. So not sure why Sony does not change this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb-9d9QGCz4&t=997s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27654566.jpg (143.0 KB, 479 views)
Old 02-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #35
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Seeing a lot of generic batting gloves, most likely because it's an early build but hopefully the game doesn't ship like that.

And hopefully this is finally the year we can edit logo color on equipment.

And i was hoping to see this elbow guard on Stanton, as many players started wearing it last year.

It's very likely that not all new equipment has been implemented for these builds anyways.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #36
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Would give anything if they would update umpires uniforms to current. Such an easy thing to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2018, 06:53 PM   #37
MVP

I know the game will be good, that to me is a given. I respect the pedigree of SDS.

1. Will we finally get the in depth on the D-Pad Batter/Pitcher Analysis back to where it once was, instead of in the pause menu

2. Will they Make Quirks situational to reduce the amount of info you have to take in. I should not have to read war and peace to find out what is the quirk for this situation. Less is more.

And, why in the hell are they acting like fast replay is something to even mention? Sometimes a talking point, is a balking point, So Ramone killed that noise about a fast replay.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #38
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

This is so small, but the second play of the game when Hicks got the ball back in, it looked like a new animation instead of the pausing that tended to happen sometimes. That particular situation happens so many times during a game having some smoothness will really help keep the immersion.

He also says pinpointing pitches is harder. I love to hear that. If I can play on analog and actually give up walks that would be huge.

You don’t care where I sent this from

- Rick Wise

Last edited by Bunselpower32; 02-05-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #39
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I love that part of Ramone's script (it seems like he's working loosely from a script comparing similar statements he made in both the Gamespot and IGN videos) about how they all got in a room from 3:30 to 5:00 PM and played the game focusing on hitting. He went on to mention they gave feedback about if they were getting enough singles/doubles etc...which begs the question, were they not doing this before? lol. Seems like pretty basic QA/QC to test that. Maybe he meant to say that they expanded the number of testers this year to include his department and it just came off like they suddenly had the idea to test the hitting in the game in a systematic way for the first time? This is pretty much slider-making 101.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:16 PM   #40
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I love that part of Ramone's script (it seems like he's working loosely from a script comparing similar statements he made in both the Gamespot and IGN videos) about how they all got in a room from 3:30 to 5:00 PM and played the game focusing on hitting. He went on to mention they gave feedback about if they were getting enough singles/doubles etc...which begs the question, were they not doing this before? lol. Seems like pretty basic QA/QC to test that. Maybe he meant to say that they expanded the number of testers this year to include his department and it just came off like they suddenly had the idea to test the hitting in the game in a systematic way for the first time? This is pretty much slider-making 101.
They always test it but I think they are giving it extra attention because it went off the rails in 17 and there was a lot of backlash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »