Home

MLB The Show 18 Developer Blogs & Twitch Stream Schedule

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Developer Blogs & Twitch Stream Schedule within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #401
Rookie

Minookacubfan73's Arena

OVR: 0
Cool Re: MLB The Show 18 Developer Blogs & Twitch Stream Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
The problem with this argument, as has been shown many times by the Madden forum, is that this is not a monopoly. MLB The Show developed by Sony San Diego Studios does not hold a monopoly on baseball video games. This is clear due to the other games available (OOTP, RBI Baseball, etc.) Though other companies choose freely to not enter into the realistic baseball simulation realm. Once again, you are not forced to buy MLB The Show if you do not want to. In fact, you can buy a plethora of other video games as you so choose to do.
I think the thing is this is such a common occurrence now, that is has become the status quo with younger gamers in general. Older gamers, (like myself mid 40s) remember when things like all levels, all costumes, etc were included and could be unlocked through specific game play, not game PAY! (See what I did there) We used to be content with the "grind" that gets complained about so often now-a-days. The option to say we don't have to buy this game so they should include pay for franchise items, could be reversed and said if you don't like getting what SSDS provides for the price of the game, you are free to go buy another game. I am sure there are many developers who would totally take the money of eager fans to "buy" things that they shouldn't have to pay extra for. I know it is a huge generational gap, but people who pay $60+ for a game now a days deserve a complete game. Not a-la-cart where you have to pay extra for thing that should be completed. I am also not a fan of the whole collect this card to unlock stuff either, but at least most of the time there is a cost free way to achieve it, even if the time required is insane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #402
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB The Show 18 Developer Blogs & Twitch Stream Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minookacubfan73
I think the thing is this is such a common occurrence now, that is has become the status quo with younger gamers in general. Older gamers, (like myself mid 40s) remember when things like all levels, all costumes, etc were included and could be unlocked through specific game play, not game PAY! (See what I did there) We used to be content with the "grind" that gets complained about so often now-a-days. The option to say we don't have to buy this game so they should include pay for franchise items, could be reversed and said if you don't like getting what SSDS provides for the price of the game, you are free to go buy another game. I am sure there are many developers who would totally take the money of eager fans to "buy" things that they shouldn't have to pay extra for. I know it is a huge generational gap, but people who pay $60+ for a game now a days deserve a complete game. Not a-la-cart where you have to pay extra for thing that should be completed. I am also not a fan of the whole collect this card to unlock stuff either, but at least most of the time there is a cost free way to achieve it, even if the time required is insane.
It's "The Suits". They're just after the cash. Mobile games proved it, AAA titles took advantage. EA mastered it...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 03-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #403
Rookie

DoTheSankeyLeg's Arena

Im just hoping this new "Phases" feature they mentioned actually adds something to the mode and isn't just streamlining. It will be so disappointing if we're getting another year of streamlining as the main additions.
Charlotte Hornets
Syracuse Orange
Old 03-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #404
Rookie

Minookacubfan73's Arena

Absolutely. And for us there is no right or wrong. Just like most discussions here. If people want to pay more for stuff and they can that a great. I usually at least buy the MVP version. And if some like DD and the card chasing more power to them. I believe the folks at SSDS try they best to make the game we all want, but we all want different things. I normally just read the comments and it's awesome to see how passionate everyone is about their ideal baseball game. We are pretty lucky to have a group like SSDS who take our concerns into consideration even if it has to do with grass color, or fabric material, or tint of seats. We just need to be more understanding of others opinions because we are all different and all want our own version of The Little Things. Bless Us All! And Thank You to SSDS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #405
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Odds that they cancel or push the Developer Blog back to Thursday and consolidate it with the Franchise mode stream? 30%? Who wants the over? The under?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #406
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Odds that they cancel or push the Developer Blog back to Thursday and consolidate it with the Franchise mode stream? 30%? Who wants the over? The under?
I personally think we will get very little improvement to franchise anymore, being cosmetics and pace of play stuff. Which is fine I guess if legacy issues get resolved and gameplay is tuned. Beyond that I think it's WAITTILNEXTYEAR. Hah see what I did there. Pulled off the two thread inside joke. Yeah baby!!!

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #407
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I’ll take the waaaay over. Should’ve set it at 70%
Old 03-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #408
Rookie

Surg2k's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
It seems weird to me that the blog is not out as of yet. Were they writing it up today? You think it would be written and ready to publish... Concerning? I dont know but I am bored at work and was excited to look at improvements. Disappointing week so far with Gamestop Monday being a retread of what we saw already. Last week was a disappointment as well with the unboxing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »