Home

Franchise and CLOUD

This is a discussion on Franchise and CLOUD within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise and CLOUD

Got the PRO. Updated The Show, signed in on line, went to FRANCHISE/LOAD FROM CLOUD and got a message that there is no franchise save file on the cloud server.

So....had my franchise (I'm doing off season stuff) saved to a thumb drive. Nope, not that either...says I need a 3.0 with 250gb?

Help, lol. Any suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Franchise and CLOUD

Do you still have the original PS4 you were playing it on?

The only thing I can think of right now is maybe trying to reload the save file from the original PS4 back to the CLOUD and see if that works.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-07-2018, 08:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

The only thing I can think of right now is maybe trying to reload the save file from the original PS4 back to the CLOUD and see if that works.
If that's no good and if you have no way to transfer that franchise file off the USB....

This is a longshot but it's at least possible the old PS4 auto-uploaded your franchise save if you have PS Plus (this is different/seperate from the The Show's cloud). To access that, go to The PS4 home screen and Settings > Application Saved Data Management (you were probably already here if you tried to copy USB data) and go to "Saved Data in Online Storage". Go to Show 17, and look for anything that might be your franchise file and download it (or you can just download everything too - up to you). This will only work if you have PS Plus AND had the auto-upload setting active for Show '17 (and I can't remember if the system does that by default).
Old 02-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
If that's no good and if you have no way to transfer that franchise file off the USB....

This is a longshot but it's at least possible the old PS4 auto-uploaded your franchise save if you have PS Plus (this is different/seperate from the The Show's cloud). To access that, go to The PS4 home screen and Settings > Application Saved Data Management (you were probably already here if you tried to copy USB data) and go to "Saved Data in Online Storage". Go to Show 17, and look for anything that might be your franchise file and download it (or you can just download everything too - up to you). This will only work if you have PS Plus AND had the auto-upload setting active for Show '17 (and I can't remember if the system does that by default).
I’ve never paid for PS PLUS, nor had the auto upload active.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

I made sure the file was uploaded to CLOUD, yep, still have it. There’s a video out showing how to do it with an ethernet, but it keeps telling me i’m not signed into the PS network. Both the old and new are set to auto sign in. Frustrating as I’ve gone thru all the off season signings, etc., a lot of man hours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

As far as the USB it flat tells you it has to be a 3.0 AND minimum of 250GB!
Old 02-07-2018, 09:11 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
As far as the USB it flat tells you it has to be a 3.0 AND minimum of 250GB!
That...doesn't seem right. It almost sounds like it's expecting you to copy the entire contents of a hard drive to the USB drive, or vice versa. Most game save data files never get above a few hundred MB - that's why it's generally easy to copy them to a flash drive and then to another PS4, so long as both are using the same PSN account.

You went to the Application Saved Data Management screen I mentioned in the above post, then "Saved Data on USB Storage Device", and it gave you that message?
Old 02-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #8
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Have you checked to see if the console is actually up to date? When I bought my Pro I had to manually get it to download the latest firmware update even though I had it set to do it automatically.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »