Home

Uniforms Need to be Overhauled

This is a discussion on Uniforms Need to be Overhauled within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #73
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Uniforms Need to be Overhauled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
I honestly think the problem is priorities. And not that it's not a priority for them but that they have a list of priorities to get to every year and they just don't ever get the time to go that far down the list. This is the vibe I always get when they're asked why things like this, which seem like little things to us, never get fixed.

Translation: They'd love to fix it but they never have time to do so.
Look on the bright side...more bat flips this year.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:04 AM   #74
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Look on the bright side...more bat flips this year.
Well unfortunately for us bat flips are a ton more marketable than "correct jersey colors."

Correct colored jerseys isn't even a marketable thing, it's just assumed, but oh well.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:43 AM   #75
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Too bad this thread sort of went off the rails. It started off well enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 01:50 AM   #76
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Well unfortunately for us bat flips are a ton more marketable than "correct jersey colors."

Correct colored jerseys isn't even a marketable thing, it's just assumed, but oh well.
IDK I think correct jerseys should just be a given for a franchise that is as solid as SCEA.

Also, no one buys the game for bat flips but there a few that aren't buying it due to they jerseys being incorrect.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:30 AM   #77
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Another thing that sorely needs addressed is the Mangers dugout jackets. In the video today you see Mickey Callaway (Mets manager) with the same old dugout jacket that makes him look fat. However, they have better jackets on fans in the crowd. The should have been updated versions ago. It's an eyesore.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #78
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

The biggest gripe I've had is the way they do reds. The Cardinals, Nationals, and Angels hats and numbers look almost burgundy, to me. It needs to be a much brighter red. Black isn't really done that well, either. Way too washed out to the point of looking grey. Actually, pretty much ALL of the colored tops look washed out. I really hope he's being serious about putting extra effort into unis, this year. Otherwise, I may just stick with '17 and use updated rosters.
#WeAreND
Old 02-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #79
Banned

BucksInSix's Arena

OVR: 0

Usually by now Adam, or one of the guys would have popped in here and gave us some tip off that our worries are being addressed. I have been working on a team-by-team project of all the things I see wrong in the game with jerseys with clear pictures of the real life assets next to them that I can share with the dev team through social media. Not sure I will share on this forum as the threads usually become quite viscous (which may explain lack of dev involvement in here) and my intent is not to stir up the masses. Rather, have a clear and concise document that hopefully sheds light on long-lingering jersey issues that plague this amazing franchise. Silver Bullet I know has done great work in the past, and I hope by chiming in as well we get positive momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-13-2018, 01:28 PM   #80
Rookie

Neith's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know do the threads become vicious? Because most people are tired of these issues because it's basically been ten years dude. Ten years with a jersey template system straight outta the 90s or something lol. I get it priorities.

The only thing I can think of is they are waiting for the new player models to be finished and along with that a new jersey system. But if it's not fixed in 2019 well I give up then lol. I can't play this game anymore due to these many little problems.

I turn 17 on and all I see is an alpha game with horribly inaccurate colors, jerseys, bodies, et cetera. I can't do that again. No way. I got better things to do with my time than play some half-baked representation of baseball on the visual front.

It does look like they are adding some good things for gameplay this year, but the visual department is basically on an ice age timeline here.

Last edited by Neith; 02-13-2018 at 01:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »