Home

MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2018, 12:40 AM   #57
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
How come everything is based off Online play? What about offline?
Online play exposes more exploits. More exploits addressed means a better game for everyone.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:44 AM   #58
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
How come everything is based off Online play? What about offline?
In addition to the previous 2 posts that addressed this nicely, I can just add that the poor online folks have been starving for the devs to throw them a bone these past couple of years. Some of the features and updates that have been added in the last 2-3 years for offline franchise and other areas have made it to online slowly, if at all. Not to mention the quality of the servers. I don't play online, never have, but I am glad they are tidying up this area of the game.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:45 AM   #59
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream Starting Now - Gameplay & AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
What exactly am I seeing here? Why is there 3 pictures of the same thing with different color shades. Thanks
Sorry, I gave you half a post and did not have a chance to finish.

The 3 pci's represent a weak, average and power hitter. With the ball in same location of each hitter's PCI it shows you that your hit result could vary based on the hitter's ability. Many people question why they don't get the desired or same result when they feel they squared up on the ball. Your ability to square up on everything is not the total overriding factor on the hit result.

They also mentioned they made adjustments to the timing window which should shift more balls into the field of play instead of being foul. The new visual swing analysis is really going to help people see how their timing is. In the past it would tell us for example our tiimimg was "good" but In looking at the analysis we can see there could be good early timing or good late timing within the green zone of that analysis.

Last edited by nemesis04; 02-09-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:51 AM   #60
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

OVR: 0

They didn't address the godly fielding and perfect throws of every 3rd baseman and SS. Hopefully, that gets fixed.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:02 AM   #61
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Don't know why they put that picture of the players on the bus above franchise mode if it's only for RTTS. I hope they focused some of their time on franchise mode and not just DD and RTTS. I liked just about everything that I heard in the stream and am glad they have the players position on the batter walk up. Now hopefully when they show how the defense is set up in the very beginning of the game they also will have their positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 08:38 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 21

I am hoping at some point they use a hook slide animation on the bases and at home plate. I know for the slides at home almost all of them seem to be head-first slides.

It's true that many real life players slide head-first, but I'd love to see a little variety with a mix of head-first and hook and fadeaway slides. Probably won't be this year since I think the tag animations are partnered with the slides in some aspect.

C
Old 02-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #63
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

I've used directional hitting the last few years. I haven't played with the PCI since...well, I don't think I've ever played with that! Before directional hitting, I always just used button hitting. The last time I remember hitting with a cursor was All Star Baseball! But after watching this stream, I'm going to give it a go in 18.

All the new catcher, fielder and sliding animations look spectacular! The new tags look great. I can't wait for this game!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:28 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Don't know why they put that picture of the players on the bus above franchise mode if it's only for RTTS. I hope they focused some of their time on franchise mode and not just DD and RTTS. I liked just about everything that I heard in the stream and am glad they have the players position on the batter walk up. Now hopefully when they show how the defense is set up in the very beginning of the game they also will have their positions.
Same here, I love absolutely everything I have seen in this stream for gameplay. Its just you hear all the talk about online ( Which is great for the online guys getting some love!) And a lot of teasing about RTTS/Diamond Dynasty.....very little enthusiasm about Franchise. Fingers crossed tho!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »