Home

MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced

Very pleased to see the updated animations with smoother branching throws. This adds so much more realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #66
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
Same here, I love absolutely everything I have seen in this stream for gameplay. Its just you hear all the talk about online ( Which is great for the online guys getting some love!) And a lot of teasing about RTTS/Diamond Dynasty.....very little enthusiasm about Franchise. Fingers crossed tho!
Well as from my standpoint. They mentioned the value of two players versus each other being exploited. I agree with them if we are playing the CPU we don't mind exploiting the AI.
What was interesting about the missed or misplace tags in MLBTS 17 that they were called correctly. I mean if the tag wasn't applied it was called safe.

I didn't recognize any off center placement of tags because all I play is franchise. But the branching out to the correct animation to throw whether it's a pitcher, infielder, outfielder or catcher affected all modes.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Well as from my standpoint. They mentioned the value of two players versus each other being exploited. I agree with them if we are playing the CPU we don't mind exploiting the AI.
What was interesting about the missed or misplace tags in MLBTS 17 that they were called correctly. I mean if the tag wasn't applied it was called safe.

I didn't recognize any off center placement of tags because all I play is franchise. But the branching out to the correct animation to throw whether it's a pitcher, infielder, outfielder or catcher affected all modes.
That is very true! All the updates I'm glad to see as they will still affect offline play, and as usual Players will find different ways to exploit games weather online or offline. My only thing is if they showed love at all to Franchise mode, because they don't seem so excited about it lol
Old 02-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #68
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Vlad the impaler! I loved this dude as a kid. I just remember him getting solid hits and even home runs on balls all over the strike zone. Like, how the hell did he do that? It sucks because the addition of quick courts and just learning the game I'm more disciplined at the plate. With Vlad I'm gonna be swinging at any and everything now.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #69
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

This game unfortunately doesn't reward you for swinging on the edge of the strike zone or outside of it, and I don't think they have an attribute or "weapon" (or whatever they're called) that helps with that as well.

Or maybe they added one in, who knows? If they did, it could very well break the game if not done right.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #70
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Vlad the impaler! I loved this dude as a kid. I just remember him getting solid hits and even home runs on balls all over the strike zone. Like, how the hell did he do that? It sucks because the addition of quick courts and just learning the game I'm more disciplined at the plate. With Vlad I'm gonna be swinging at any and everything now.
Vlad played a lot of "La Placa" growing up. It's a game played in Dominican Republic kind of similar to cricket. There's a batter (usually with a broomstick as not many families could afford to buy actual baseball bats) and a pitcher. Beyond the batter, where the catcher would be in baseball, kids would use rocks to stand up an old licence plate (where the name Placa comes from). If there was no license plate available they'd use a piece of cardboard, an empty soda bottle, empty milk carton, etc. The the goal for the pitcher was to hit the license plate or other small object and knock it over. The batter, meanwhile, tried to hit the ball to prevent it from hitting the object. Taking these wild swings was how Vlad learned to hit and kept that "swing at anything close" mindset his entire career.

One of my favorite hits of all time:

Old 02-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #71
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

^ Ooh, and it looks like he's swinging a garden hose up there.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #72
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

First things first, VLAD! The one card I wanted in The Show is finally here! Crazy pumped to grind for his card(s).

Secondly, Loved the new tagging animations, but I don't want everyone to be Javy Baez when it comes to placing tags on baserunners. It is a skill/art that not everyone has. Perhaps there will be a "Tagging" rating or it could be implemented within the current fielding rating we already have(I know I may be thinking too far ahead with this but this is where I'd like to see it in the future).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »