Home

How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share !

This is a discussion on How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share ! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

PokerWarrior27's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share !

Hey All

So getting ready for another year of MLB the show. I am looking forward to running a 30 team control franchise but looking for some ideas on how some of you do it. Always looking for new things to try.

Currently I will play as one team my Mets and then I will control trades. I write down all the rosters in excel and try to manage their contracts but that is a ton of work. The biggest thing I want to control is trades so they are realistic and making sure good players hit the market. Like I will make sure Harper hits the market so teams can go wild.

So what do you guys do? I am looking to read how you all run things maybe it gives me some great ideas.
NHL- New York Rangers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share !

I make sure no crazy trades go through and near the deadline I’ll write down all contending and non contending teams and makes trades for them that make sense and are realistic. During the trade i use dice to determine what the actual outcome of the prospect will be depending on potential (higher potential has higher odds of becoming a stud) how i do this is by example: Brewers trade Brinson Harrison for Yelich, Brinson has A POT so bust would be 1 , average player 2/3, 4/5 all star and 6 would be superstar. While Harrison (B POT) would be 1/2 bust, 3/4 average, 5 star, 6 superstar.
In the off season
In the off season i also control resignings to make sure big names hit the market and low budget teams don’t resign players wanting real life money. I do use real life contracts and give real life contracts to players as well. I write down what all teams need or want and put same bids on players and see who they choose if multiple teams need that player type instead of having a team out bid someone. This makes it more interesting. Budgets are turned off btw

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #3
Rookie

PokerWarrior27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP20
I make sure no crazy trades go through and near the deadline I’ll write down all contending and non contending teams and makes trades for them that make sense and are realistic. During the trade i use dice to determine what the actual outcome of the prospect will be depending on potential (higher potential has higher odds of becoming a stud) how i do this is by example: Brewers trade Brinson Harrison for Yelich, Brinson has A POT so bust would be 1 , average player 2/3, 4/5 all star and 6 would be superstar. While Harrison (B POT) would be 1/2 bust, 3/4 average, 5 star, 6 superstar.
In the off season
In the off season i also control resignings to make sure big names hit the market and low budget teams don’t resign players wanting real life money. I do use real life contracts and give real life contracts to players as well. I write down what all teams need or want and put same bids on players and see who they choose if multiple teams need that player type instead of having a team out bid someone. This makes it more interesting. Budgets are turned off btw

That is awesome I really like the dice idea. I am really trying to get as many ideas I never thought of as possible and start a whole new way of doing things. I might have to try that out. How do you decide if say Multiple teams want Harper who is going to get him?
NHL- New York Rangers
Old 02-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerWarrior27
That is awesome I really like the dice idea. I am really trying to get as many ideas I never thought of as possible and start a whole new way of doing things. I might have to try that out. How do you decide if say Multiple teams want Harper who is going to get him?

Using dice once again you can give Yankees/cubs more odds say yanks 1/2 cubs 3/4 Phillies 5 and Nats 6 or ill put the same offers in for multiple teams and let him accept whatever one he wants.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #5
Rookie

PokerWarrior27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP20
Using dice once again you can give Yankees/cubs more odds say yanks 1/2 cubs 3/4 Phillies 5 and Nats 6 or ill put the same offers in for multiple teams and let him accept whatever one he wants.

That is awesome idea. Gonna try this one out for sure.
NHL- New York Rangers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
Banned

I've never done an actual 30 team control before so I have a couple questions. If you have 30 team control on and set everything to auto for the other 29 teams will they still trade with each other without you initiating it? Will they still offer trades to your user controlled team if everything is set to auto for them?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred
I've never done an actual 30 team control before so I have a couple questions. If you have 30 team control on and set everything to auto for the other 29 teams will they still trade with each other without you initiating it? Will they still offer trades to your user controlled team if everything is set to auto for them?

Yes, just make sure you have 2 profiles, one is your user profile for your team and make one called whatever you want to control cpu teams and set it to auto.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #8
Rookie

We need more people posting on this thread, this is a good one. The more ideas the better !

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »