Home

MLB The Show 18 - Twitch Stream - Batting Stance Creator & The Little Things (LIVE)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 - Twitch Stream - Batting Stance Creator & The Little Things (LIVE) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2018, 06:44 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 - Twitch Stream - Batting Stance Creator & The Little Things (LIV

A couple of positive takeaways:

-The stadium guys are really doing a great job. Bleachers, the new seating behind the plate in Houston, “Chop House,” etc. all look great.
-I feel like there were more variations in swing types. McCann and Story stood out to me.
-Catcher animations are smoother, especially when going from the crouch down to one knee.
-Umpires no longer look over their shoulder before every pitch.

Colors definitely need to be improved but it appears that the Nats red and some accessories are looking better, so hopefully they’re still working on other teams. I also wish they would have shown fog and maybe played a few innings in it. And I’m not a huge equipment guy, but Nike catchers gear *really* needs to be in the game considering so many catchers wear it, and Nike is now an in-stadium ad.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #50
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 18 - Twitch Stream - Batting Stance Creator & The Little Things (LIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
We don't even know if he's going to be a two way player in real life. Depends on how bad the elbow damage is.
He will be a 2 way player this season. It's been confirmed by Mike Scioscia. And his elbow damage is the same as any other pitcher his age. That whole story about his UCL was blown way out of proportion.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #51
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
He will be a 2 way player this season. It's been confirmed by Mike Scioscia. And his elbow damage is the same as any other pitcher his age. That whole story about his UCL was blown way out of proportion.
Same with tanaka every time he has 1 bad game for the past 4 years people say he needs Tommy John. the fact that he good games mixed in with bad proves its not a issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 07:14 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Expos.........
OMG!

When-Xeres-IX-shows-up-you-send-screenshot-your-friends-one-cares.gif

this is even better news than custom stances and that other new thing I've already forgotten about.

A Work in Progress
Old 02-15-2018, 07:14 PM   #53
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Another thing, it still looks like the injuries don't make sense. In the stream a pitcher got hit by a comebacker and got injured, which is a good sign, however the injury was a pulled muscle.

I feel like last weeks stream was better and more informative. Seems like they are more structured and informative when Nick and Steve are leading the stream.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #54
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
This is something they really need to get on. It is now a big part of every game in the league now.
I think the biggest issue is that we can't challenge ourselves. it's just a random event at 1st base where it gives us a choice if we want to challenge rather then us implementing it

I am not sure how they can expand further to that though, goofy things can happen with challenging
Old 02-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
This is something they really need to get on. It is now a big part of every game in the league now.
Yeah. As it stands, there is still no reason for me turn on "Umpire Close Plays" (meaning it will miss calls occasionally) when the challenge system is limited to one event that doesn't even get reviewed by the CPU team. Same reason I don't use Balks in my offline play.

I have to believe they're trying, and that it's some kind of major undertaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #56
Banned

They might go into more detail next year with changes to challenges. Don't forget, 2018 is going to be the beginning of change of pace strategy for the MLB so most likely SSDS will go more extensively with these changes and refer to them as "the little things" for next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »