Home

Instant Replay at every base

This is a discussion on Instant Replay at every base within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

UNIT180's Arena

OVR: 0
Instant Replay at every base

I was disappointed by the news the replay system hasn't changed...I hope next year we will have the option to challenge any play at any base. I know that sometimes the umps make the wrong calls in the game, but my question is if we don't have the ability to challenge calls at 2nd, 3rd, and home shouldn't the computer always judge them out or safe 100 percent correct for those calls since we can't challenge. Just my two cents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Instant Replay at every base

I would be surprised if this expands, actually I wish they would just take it out. These things always seem one sided to me because they never involve the CPU team.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #3
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I would be surprised if this expands, actually I wish they would just take it out. These things always seem one sided to me because they never involve the CPU team.
I totally agree with you. If they'd won't expand it, I'd prefer they just take it out. Replays have became a very important part of the game now.

Is there a way to turn off the umpires making mistakes?

Sent from my LG-H872PR using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #4
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn
I totally agree with you. If they'd won't expand it, I'd prefer they just take it out. Replays have became a very important part of the game now.

Is there a way to turn off the umpires making mistakes?

Sent from my LG-H872PR using Tapatalk
Yes you can in the settings.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #5
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I play the game as if replay challenges don’t even exist. I just turn off the option to where the umps sometimes miss calls. If it isn’t done right then I see no reason to use it.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
This x1000.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I definitely don't agree with those saying to take it out. As I said in another thread:

The sport itself has moved forward by expanding the replay system over the last few seasons. Like it or not, it's a HUGE part of baseball now that isn't going away, but will continue to evolve and expand. This is a simulation of real baseball and therefore should follow suit. It's a much more integral part of the overall sport and its presentation than rain delays for example. Manager challenges and reviews can potentially affect every single play on the field.

If they want to tout the game as a simulation/representation of real baseball, they simply have to expand it. They're just delaying the inevitable.

As for the CPU not using it, well the simple solution is to program the CPU to use it
Old 02-16-2018, 09:10 PM   #8
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I definitely don't agree with those saying to take it out. As I said in another thread:

The sport itself has moved forward by expanding the replay system over the last few seasons. Like it or not, it's a HUGE part of baseball now that isn't going away, but will continue to evolve and expand. This is a simulation of real baseball and therefore should follow suit. It's a much more integral part of the overall sport and its presentation than rain delays for example. Manager challenges and reviews can potentially affect every single play on the field.

If they want to tout the game as a simulation/representation of real baseball, they simply have to expand it. They're just delaying the inevitable.

As for the CPU not using it, well the simple solution is to program the CPU to use it
I agree it is a huge part of baseball now, and I really want it to be in the game. But if it’s just going to be half done, then there isn’t a point in using it. IMO
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »