Home

MLB: The Show roots

This is a discussion on MLB: The Show roots within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #17
Pro

JustSteve's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB: The Show roots

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Vasgersian replaced Scully in MLB 2006 which was actually released in 2005. This series had this odd thing in where their title dates were a year in advance of the actual season. It was finally corrected when they started the show series.
MLB 2005 was a transition year where Vasgersian was a stats guy and would chime in occasionally. As far as the year ahead thing, we had to keep up with our competitors. Acclaim's All-Star Baseball was always a year ahead.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:41 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_SDS
MLB 2005 was a transition year where Vasgersian was a stats guy and would chime in occasionally. As far as the year ahead thing, we had to keep up with our competitors. Acclaim's All-Star Baseball was always a year ahead.
I remember. ASB was a strong franchise back then - actually all of Acclaim's sports games - All-Star, QB Club, and NHL Breakaway were really good sim-type games year after year. Was a shame to see them drop out of the market completely (though maybe not from you guys' perspective! )
Old 02-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #19
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_SDS
I kind of figured it was done because of competitors but as a consumer it was very confusing because some did this practice and some did not.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:08 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I remember. ASB was a strong franchise back then - actually all of Acclaim's sports games - All-Star, QB Club, and NHL Breakaway were really good sim-type games year after year. Was a shame to see them drop out of the market completely (though maybe not from you guys' perspective! )
I still play All-Star 2005.

Gotta keep up with my Louisville Horsemen!!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #21
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I still play All-Star 2005.

Gotta keep up with my Louisville Horsemen!!
Haven't played it in a while but yep still have it as well as 4.
Once The Show added quick counts it helped a bit not playing ASBB

I still would like the ability to (especially coop on same console) the ability to lock certain players to each controller.

Man I'm soooooo ready for '18 to get released..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2018, 01:46 PM   #22
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Vasgersian replaced Scully in MLB 2006 which was actually released in 2005. This series had this odd thing in where their title dates were a year in advance of the actual season. It was finally corrected when they started the show series.
Yeah, I remember a lot of sports games did this back in the day. I think Triple Play too, and they changed it when they released MVP.

Sent from Tatooine using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #23
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I enjoyed ASB back in the day on the PS2. Even with the painful ball being scooped up 1 foot from the glove, lol.

That was back when you could not get rosters, so I remember coming to OS as a lurker for years before making an account. And reading people's edits, going to MLB sites to do real time moves, etc..

Spent most of the time with game doing up the rosters, etc.. I would also play 1 game a day with the actual MLB schedule on the days the Red Sox played.

Good times.

Sent from Tatooine using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 04:09 PM   #24
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

I personally started with MLB '99, and also bought 2001. My friend bought MLB 2000 and I believe he also got 2002 (the one with Gwynn on the cover), so we filled that spread pretty well. I think we also swapped for the Triple Play games (I got '98 and 2000, and he got '99 and 2001). After that, we both got Triple Play 2002, then on PlayStation 2 it was all about All Star Baseball, 2K, and eventually the MVP games.

Didn't buy another MLB game until The Show '06 (had an MLB 2005 demo disc, which to me is basically the ground work of where we are now). I remember also renting MLB 2006, which was my first look at Reggie Stocker. Got '06 The Show and played RttS, didn't buy another one until MLB '09: The Show. Bought every one since then, except I think I skipped out on '14 since I didn't have a PS4 and I had bought '13 on PS3 and Vita already.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »