Home

What team are you going to use in Franchise?

This is a discussion on What team are you going to use in Franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm going to carry over my Rays franchise which is heading into the 2022 season. Once the O.S.F.M rosters come out I'm also going to start a new franchise probably with Cleveland.

What teams are you guys going to use for Franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: What team are you going to use in Franchise?

I'll be carrying over my Cardinals franchise. Just finished the season and am about to complete off season. Once '18 drops, I'll carry it over and then start Spring Training!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Braves. As always. And I’ll start fresh with 18.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I haven't played a console baseball game in so long. My first franchise will probably be with the Braves. The farm system is insane and they have a ton of money coming off the books after this season. I'm also looking at Colorado, Miami, Seattle, and Oakland. Should be a fun year.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

I usually go with the Red Sox, but do have a lot of fun playing as a National League team in Franchise, like the Marlins or other non power houses.

Question for someone who has not played in a bit.

I know they can technically start working on rosters (OSFM) and carry that save over to '18 and tweak more, however, when carrying over a Franchise or RttS, I assume you are stuck with the rosters you started with, so no adding them after the fact still, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #6
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

1) Braves

2A) Rockies
2B) Tigers

Haven't made up my mind yet lol

Old 02-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Frostball's Arena

I didn't get into the franchise as much as I wanted to on 17 since I was working a lot of hours this past year, but this year I may have 5 different ones.

I want to have a Nationals/Expos fantasy draft team for sure.

I may bring the fictional one over from 17 or if we get a new fictional roster for 18 start a new one.

I want to do my Cubbies for sure.

Then I'm looking at doing a re build in each league but haven't made up my mind on the teams as of yet. Teams I'm looking at are A's, Twins, White Sox, Toronto, Baltimore in AL. In the NL Braves, Phillies, Padres, Reds
Old 02-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #8
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Last year I did Giants, Marlins, and Cubs in the NL. Indians, A’s, and Orioles in the AL.

For the NL, Giants obviously, Brewers because of all their acquisitions this offseason plus Eric Thames and his muscles on muscles (even though he won’t look ultra jacked in The Show), Phillies if they sign Arrieta will be a major interest for me, maybe Padres because I like their young upcoming core and Hosmer is a good dude, also like the Reds since they pretty much called up a majority of their upcoming pitchers last year and they’ll all likely be in The Show and I won’t have to have generic names or just their numbers, such as Rookie Davis, Amir Garrett, etc. Diamondbacks are interesting because of the Souza trade but I sure as heck am not gonna do 3 NL West franchises so it’ll be Giants and either Padres or Dbacks.

I usually end up doing about 2-3 franchises in NL and AL each per iteration of the game. I almost never play more than 3 seasons, and usually I play all 162 games for 1 or 2 of them. I just like too many players and choosing teams is hard for me lol.

For the AL, I’ll be looking at Angels since it seems Ohtani is in from day one and the red jerseys (fingers crossed) look improved. I’ll also be... Can’t believe I’m saying this... Be messing with the Yankees for the first time ever in The Show. I just can’t resist the urge to smack 50+ homers each with Judge and Stanton. Plus Sanchez, Gregorious, and the recent Drury trade all interest me. Beyond those two my other considerations are Oakland cause of their young pieces and because I go to their games, Minnesota for similar reasons to Oakland (minus proximity) and also my family up in North Dakota are Twins fans, and Toronto because I just like the Jays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »